The ATEN VE200 VGA/Audio Cat5e/6 Extender up to 650' with RS-232 is an audio/video extender system allowing you to extend the distance between the computer system unit and the display monitor by up to 500' (200m) for video resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz. It accomplishes this by means of a local transmitting unit (VE200L), and a remote receiving unit (VE200R), connected by a Cat5e twisted pair cable.
The VE200 is suitable for installations where the display needs to reside in public view, but the system equipment can be safely tucked away. The extender system is also useful for control and security purposes, where you can have the system unit in a secure area while the display is located in an area that is convenient for viewing.
Other useful applications for the VE200 Audio/Video Extender System include finance (the remote display of stock market information), education (remote display of lectures and lessons to lecture halls and classrooms), and business (remote display of addresses to overflow rooms, video conferencing, and demos).
- Uses Cat5e cable to connect the transmitter and receiver units
- Dual audio/video
- Supports one local and two remote displays
- Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz at 100', 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz at 500', and 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz at 650'
- Audio and serial enabled
- Two gain control modes for picture quality
- Video gain and compensation adjustable via OSD
- IR receiver for quick and easy video quality adjustment
- IR remote control for screen on/off and video adjustment at remote site
- Provides two RS-232 channels for selection
- Follows VESA FDMI mount standard
- Supports DDC for the local monitor
- Supports VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WUXGA, and multisync monitors
- Transmission distance up to 650' (can extend distance up to 1350' when combined with ATEN's VB552 – sold separately)
- Can also be combined in an installation with ATEN's Media Distribution Solution