The ATEN VE200R 15-Pin VGA over Cat5 Receiver with RS232 allows you to extend the distance between the computer system unit and the display monitor by up to 500' for video resolutions of 1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz. It accomplishes this by means of a local transmitting unit (VE200L), and this VE200R receiving unit, connected by Cat5e twisted pair cable.
The VE200 VGA Extender System is suitable for installations where the display needs to reside in public view, but the system equipment can be safely tucked away. The Extender System is also useful for control and security purposes, where you can have the units in a secure area while the display is located in an area that is convenient for viewing.
Other useful applications for the VE200 VGA Extender System include remote displays for finance (stock market information), education (lectures and lessons to lecture halls and classrooms), and business (addresses to overflow rooms, videoconferences, and demonstrations).
- Uses Cat5e cable to connect the local transmitter and remote receiver units
- Dual A/V with support for one local and two remote displays
- Transmission distance up to 650'
- High-quality video—at 60 Hz, up to 1920 x 1200 at 100', 1600 x 1200 at 500', and 1280 x 1024 at 650'
- Audio and serial enabled
- Two gain control modes for sharpest picture quality
- Video gain and compensation adjustable via OSD
- IR receiver for quick and easy video quality adjustment
- IR remote control for screen on/off and video adjustment at remote site
- Provides two RS-232 channels for selection
- Follows VESA FDMI mount standard
- Supports DDC for the local monitor
- Supports VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WUXGA, and multisync monitors