The WISP-20M from Axler is a handheld motorized gimbal stabilizer designed for use with mirrorless or similarly sized cameras. It utilizes quiet brushless motors to isolate your camera from unwanted hand shake along the yaw (pan), pitch (tilt), and roll axes, allowing you capture smooth, fully stabilized shots with camera and lens combinations weighing up to 1.9 lb.
The gimbal stabilizer offers two distinct operating modes: a Follow Mode that allows the camera to smoothly follow the pan and tilt motion of the unit, and a Lock Mode to keep the camera in a single position, regardless of how the stabilizer is moved. A thumbstick on the back of the handle is used to switch between modes and adjust camera pan and pitch tilt. Additionally, a button on the camera platform activates a Low mode, lettings you invert the stabilizer for easier low-angle shots.
Designed for ease of use, the WISP-20M features a sliding quick release plate for quick camera attachment and balancing. An offset adapter plate is included to fit wider cameras or cameras with an off-center 1/4"-20 socket. Once balanced, the internal gyros automatically stabilize your camera when the device is powered on. The motors are powered using three readily available 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, which provide around two to three hours of continuous operation. Batteries and a micro-USB charging cable are included.
For added versatility, there is a 3/8"-16 threaded socket at the bottom of the handle that allows the stabilizer to be mounted on a tripod, monopod, or jib. A 5V USB port on the handle can be used to charge a smartphone or to power an included compact and flexible LED light, useful when working in dimly light environments.
- Handheld motorized gimbal for mirrorless and point-and-shoot cameras
- Supports loads up to 1.9 lb
- Pitch, roll, and yaw axis stabilization
- Sliding quick release plate for camera attachment and balancing
- Offset adapter plate increases range of camera that can be used with stabilizer
- Follow Mode and Lock Mode
- Inverted Mode
- Thumbstick for mode selection and yaw/pitch (pan/tilt) control
- Quiet brushless motors
- Powered using three 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- 3/8"-16 mounting thread at bottom of handle
- 5V USB port on handle to charge smartphone or power included compact LED light
Lock Mode: Camera holes its position regardless of the handle angle
Low Mode: Inverts the camera for low-angle shots
Sony a7-series cameras
Sony a6000, a6300, and NEX-series cameras
Panasonic GH4 and GH3
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Canon EOS M3