Designed and built for beginner astronomers, the Celestron ExploraScope 114AZ 4.5" f/8.8 Alt-Az Reflector Telescope offers a complete set-up for viewing the Moon, planets, meteor showers, and bright deep-sky objects. The optics are fully multicoated with anti-reflection coatings to reduce light loss and produce brighter and clearer images with more accurate colors versus non-coated systems.
The scope features a manual alt-azimuth mount with an altitude adjustment rod that allows users to track objects as they move across the night sky. Two eyepieces are included with a 3x Barlow lens that effectively triples the magnification of each eyepiece. The 20mm erect-image eyepiece produces 50x magnification and corrects images horizontally and vertically to enable the scope to be used for terrestrial viewing as well. For astronomical viewing, the 4mm eyepiece has no visual correction and produces a powerful 250x magnification. Its adjustable-height aluminum tripod provides a stable observation platform, and its maximum height of 52" allows for comfortable viewing by most users.
- 4.5" (114mm) aperture
- f/8.8 focal ratio
- 1000mm focal length
- Newtonian reflector optical design
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- Manual alt-azimuth yoke mount
- Slow-motion altitude control rod to make minute adjustments
- Aluminum legs with black finish
- Two-section, adjustable height
- Max height: 52"
- Accessory tray with eyepiece holders
- 1.25" diameter barrels
- 4mm standard eyepiece yields 250x magnification
- 20mm erect-image eyepiece yields 50x power
- 20mm eyepiece corrects images for terrestrial viewing
- 3x Barlow lens effectively triples the magnification of each eyepiece
- Red-dot StarPointer finderscope