The 150 x 150mm SW150 81A Filter from LEE Filters is compatible with a LEE Filters SW150-series filter holder. It is uniform in color and with a mired shift value of +18, can be applied to purposely create a warm cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. The LEE Filters 150 x 150mm SW150 81A Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a color temperature of 3400K for type B tungsten film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colors under 3200K light sources.
This filter is non-coated and is constructed from optical-quality resin for clarity as well as color fidelity. When used, the LEE Filters 150 x 150mm SW150 81A Filter's 0.1 density darkens the entire image by 0.3 stops. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
The greater the difference between the color temperatures they are designed to correct for over 3200K, light balancing filters for type B tungsten film are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to add warmth to a daylight image.
- Can add a warming cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of +18
- Reduces 3400K color temperature to 3200K
- Allows type B tungsten film to accurately reproduce colors under 3400K light sources
- Constructed from optical-quality resin for clarity
- 0.1 density filter with 1.25x filter factor darkens the image by 0.3 stops
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed
- Padded filter pouch included for storage and transport