Kershaw's black Brawler Folding Knife is built around a full edge 3.25" tanto blade made from 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with a matte-black oxide coating to eliminate reflection or glare. The tanto blade style makes this knife ideal for tactical or rescue piercing tasks because design leaves plenty of metal to support the point, making it stronger than many other blade shapes; and the top of the Brawler's blade has a grind, called a swedge, which helps narrow the blade, adding to its piercing power.
The Brawler has the SpeedSafe assisted opening system with dual side thumbstuds and an ambidextrous blade protrusion on the blade's heel to enable the folding blade to quickly and easily move out of the handle. With the blade open, the over-sized protrusion doubles as a protective finger guard while using the knife. When the blade is opened, a liner lock moves into position behind the blade to lock it in place for safe use. To close, push the locking bar to the side and fold the blade into the handle.
For comfort and sure-handling, the handle is constructed of fiberglass reinforced nylon that is temperature-resistant to maintain a comfortable feel in cold and wet weather. A pebbled texture covers the handle to provide a slip-resistant grip, and the handle is ergonomically curved to fit naturally into the user's hand. Its four-way pocket clip can be reversed for left or right-hand carry, and flipped for tip-up or tip-down orientation. Weighing in at 3.9oz and measuring 4.1" closed, the Brawler is easy to carry in a pocket without adding too much extra bulk or weight.
- Length: 3.25"
- Tanto blade
- 8Cr13MoV stainless steel
- Full edge blade style
- SpeedSafe assisted opening: Push the dual thumbstuds forward or press the ambidextrous blade protrusion to flip open with one hand
- Matte black oxide coating eliminates blade flash and reflection
- Over-sized flipper doubles as a protective finger-guard when knife is open
- Liner-frame lock
- A portion of the liner moves into place behind blade to lock it open for safe use
- To release, move lock bar sideways and close blade
- Fiberglass reinforced nylon
- Pebbled texture to provide a slip-resistant grip
- Four-way pocket clip: Pre-drilled holes for left or right-hand carry, tip-up or tip-down orientation