Capture vibrant images and video of sting rays, parrot fish, and coral at 200' beneath the surface with your Canon ELPH 350 HS/IXUS 275 HS or ELPH 360 HS/IXUS 285 HS camera in this Ikelite Underwater Housing.
External lighting is more powerful than your camera's built-in flash, but your flash can be used to trigger an optional, external AF35 AutoFlash strobe as a wireless slave, replicating TTL exposure. As an alternative, two fiber-optic ports are provided for connecting optional cables. The housing also includes a diffuser to soften your built-in flash and a deflector to redirect the light towards an external strobe. This added lighting will provide greater color accuracy and vibrancy, and it can be placed in a position to virtually eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows.
Built for durability, the housing is designed, constructed by hand, and tested in the USA. A corrosion-resistant, clear polycarbonate body offers a full view of the camera, allowing you to monitor the O-ring seal to ensure correct waterproof installation. Large, ergonomic mechanical controls provide access to all camera functions except the mode switch. The camera mounting plate features a 12-24 thread tray with 3" spacing.
The housing's built-in, flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter. Since light is absorbed very quickly as it passes through water, optional color-correction filters can be added to enhance colors below the surface. The port also accepts optional external lenses with 67mm threads, to allow an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively.
It is compatible with Ikelite's optional 6420 W-20, 6430 W-30, and other optional, external 67mm threaded, wide-angle or macro lenses without the need for an adapter. An external wide-angle conversion lens increases angle of coverage so you can get closer to the subject while still fitting everything in the frame. Moderate vignetting will likely occur at the widest-angle setting with these lenses. This effect can be eliminated by zooming in slightly or cropping the image in post processing. Additionally, bayonet mount lenses or the INON UWL-100 Type 1 lens cannot be used with this housing.
- Depth Rating: 200'
- Drop-in loading enables quick and easy camera installation and setup
- Simply close side latch and see o-ring form a solid watertight seal
- Manufactured from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor o-ring seal and maintain full view of camera
- Designed, constructed by hand, and tested in the USA
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, and a knurled dial, provide access to all camera functions except the mode switch
- 12-24 thread tray mounting with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Optional tray with single or dual handles improves balance and control while giving you attachment point(s) for optional lighting arm(s)
- Built-in, flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter
- Accepts optional external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses with 67mm threads, to allow an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively
- Both types of lenses will enable you to get closer to subjects, cutting down on amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- You can also add optional color-correction filters for blue and green water to restore colors that get absorbed below the surface
- You can add an optional AF35 AutoFlash strobe, which features a flex arm and mounts onto the grip handle of an optional tray
- This external strobe is triggered as a wireless slave by firing the camera's built-in flash, replicating TTL exposure
- As an alternative, two ports are provided for connection of Ikelite, Sea & Sea, or Olympus-type fiber-optic cables
- Housing includes a diffuser to soften the light of the camera's built-in flash and a deflector to redirect it towards an external strobe
- Since built-in flash is generally only effective within very short distance from subject, use of a more powerful external strobe is highly recommended
- External strobe will provide greater illumination, color accuracy, and vibrancy, and can be placed in a position to virtually eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows