The Reface CP from Yamaha utilizes spectral component modeling to recreate the classic sounds of the electric piano with simple controls in a small size. Based on the CP80 and other iconic electric pianos, the CP or control piano is a reimagined interface providing 128-note polyphony with 6 piano models, capable of creating a variety of detailed vintage keyboard sounds.
The CP's front panel offers dedicated knobs and sliders for all functions, making sound design and exploration fast and easy. The voice section offers six settings including Rhodes I, Rhodes II, Wurlitzer, Clavinet, Toy, and CP80 with an additional drive control. Tremolo and wah effects are selectable via a switch and offer depth and rate controls, while chorus and phaser offer the same switch control with depth and speed controls. The digital-delay and analog delay are also switched with controls for depth and time. A dedicated reverb knob adjusts the amount via the depth control. Additional features include built in stereo speakers, a dedicated volume control, and an octave slider.
The miniature 37-note keyboard utilizes the same High Quality (HQ) technology as Yamaha's flagship Motif XF workstation keyboard, offering a premium feel and fast response for accurate and natural playing. The CP can be powered by 6 AA batteries and offers a connection for a sustain pedal.
Other connections include two unbalanced 1/4" / 6.35mm outputs, a stereo 1/4" / 6.35mm headphone output, a stereo mini TRS 1/8" / 3.5mm input, and a mini-DIN connector providing MIDI in and out. Additionally, a USB connection is offered for connecting the instrument to a computer or iOS device. Although there is no preset memory, an iOS app is available to work as a librarian with parameters responding to MIDI CC controller data. The CP electric piano ships with a power adapter and a MIDI breakout cable.
- Vintage keyboard sound engine with six detailed vintage keyboard types
- Each keyboard type matches a carefully chosen drive and tremolo setting to provide an appropriate musical pairing
- The six keyboard types are:
- RdI, early '70s tine electric piano
- RdII, late '70s tine electric piano
- Wr, late '60s reed electric piano
- Clv, 70s struck string Clavinet
- Toy, toy piano
- CP, Yamaha CP80 electric grand piano
- Five stomp box-style effects with direct control including:
- Drive (adds harmonics and distortion)
- Tremolo (Auto-Pan for Rd) or VCM Wah with adjustable depth and rate
- Chorus with adjustable depth and speed
- VCM Phaser with adjustable depth and speed
- Digital or Analog-Type Delay with adjustable time and depth
- Reverb with adjustable depth
- 128-note polyphony ensures dropout-free performance
- Keyboard: Based on the FS action found on the flagship Motif XF, HQ (High Quality) Mini Keys provide premium feel and response for fast, accurate and natural playing
- Integrated Phrase Looper: Capture song ideas or just jam
- Sustain pedal input
Mobility and Connectivity
- Speakers: 2W 1.2" / 3.0 cm stereo speaker system lets you play any place, any time
- Specially designed bass reflex port technology enhances bass response for full, rich sound
- Battery Powered: Uses six "AA" batteries with five hours of life
- USB: USB "TO HOST" allows MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device
- Audio Output: Dual 1/4"unbalanced line outputs provide connection to mixers, audio interfaces, DI boxes and more
- Audio Input: A 3.5mm aux line input lets you connect and hear mobile devices, tablets and more through the instrument
- Soundmondo is a free sound sharing community that lets you discover, create and share reface Voices and Set Lists using Google Chrome any place, any time you're online
- Powered by Web MIDI, Soundmondo is simple to use - just connect reface to Chrome and you're ready to create or start browsing