Take your smartphone photography to the next level with Olympus' black Air A01 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Lens-Style Digital Camera Body, a compact, smartphone-mountable unit that features a Micro Four Thirds lens mount and the ability to connect to your mobile device over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Users can capture high quality images with the power of a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and the TruePic VII image processor while harnessing the connected nature of their smartphones. Also, as a part of the Micro Four Thirds system, it is completely compatible with all lenses designed for MFT and can accept adapters to expand your options.
This camera offers excellent imaging capabilities with an electronic shutter capable of speeds up to 1/16000 second and a FAST (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) AF system with 81 areas for accurate focusing in all conditions. Also, it can record full size images at a continuous rate of 10 fps for up to 23 frames. Video is featured as well in Full HD 1080p at up to 30 fps. Additionally it saves images and video to microSD cards and has a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Maximizing the camera's potential is the OA Central app for iOS and Android devices which also walks users through the connection process. Once connected, users will be able to access live view for composing images and changing settings as well as save their images and upload them directly to a cloud service such as Amazon. This app also has multiple shooting functions including iAuto, Art Filter, ColorCreator, Photostory, Clips, and Genius.
Included with the camera is the M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, a versatile mid-range zoom with a 35mm equivalent focal length of 28-84mm. This lens features a Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing. There is even an electronic zoom mechanism for near silent zoom control during shooting. Additionally, it uses a variety of specialized elements to keep size down while optimizing image quality and minimizing aberrations.
Micro Four Thirds System & Open Platform
The camera is also open platform, enabling other applications and uses to be developed later on.
Standalone Operation & Smartphone Pairing
16MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
FAST AF System
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
Olympus OA Central App
- Initial setup instructions.
- General shooting and playback operations.
- Direct to Cloud Upload including Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Art Filter enables 14 filter options and 9 effects for creating unique imagery.
- ColorCreator allows for fine control over color, saturation, and brightness using a Color Ring and Tone Curve interface.
- Photostory lets users combine multiple viewpoints to a single scene with 4 different options.
- Clips takes multiple short movies and links them together as well as giving users the ability to add effects and background music to create a single movie.
- Genius applies the optimal framing, color, brightness, effect, and combination for the subject automatically and generates 6 different versions of the photo.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery is rated for up to 320 shots on a single charge.
- Accepts microSD cards for on-board storage.
- Auto, Sunny, Shadow, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, and Underwater WB settings.
- Picture Modes: iAuto, i-FINISH, Vivid, Flat, Portrait, Monotone, e-Portrait.
- Micro-USB connection for charging and transferring data.
- Multi-Aspect Ratio settings for 4:3, 4:2, 16:9, and 1:1.