ARRI continues to broaden their LED line and reaffirm their commitment to accurate color rendering with the introduction of the blue/silver SkyPanel S30-C LED Softlight. Supported by a manual aluminum yoke, the panel's surface area measures 14 x 11.8", making it an ideal portable, on-the-go light source for mobile applications. Output is controlled via interchangeable thermoplastic diffusers that range from Standard to Lite to Heavy to soften the light and wrap its output around your subject and the SkyPanel S30-C outputs the equivalent of a 1000W tungsten soft light while drawing a maximum of only 240W.
Using technology originally designed for the L7-C Fresnel, the SkyPanel S30-C is fully color "tuneable" allowing output of a warm 2800K to icy blue 10,000K light and also uses the full RGB+W color gamut with hue and saturation control for fine adjustments. Full minusgreen to full plusgreen is also possible, so if you're lighting for blue or greenscreen, you can simply dial your color chosen in. This wide degree of control is responsible for a very high CRI of 95 and a rating of 91 with the newer TLCI standard. All of these functions as well as 0-100% dimming can adjusted locally with the SkyPanel's onboard controller or remotely via DMX or over a LAN. Besides inputs and outputs appropriate to these functions, the light also has a USB-A port for downloading firmware upgrades from a thumb drive, Windows or Mac.
The SkyPanel S30-C can be used worldwide, thanks to its included 90-250 VAC power supply, but it can also use optional 23-36 VDC batteries when mains power is unavailable. Besides the power supply, the light comes with a combo baby/junior (5/8" | 1-1/8") pin and a standard diffuser. This version of the light comes with a 9.8'-long Edison DC power cable.
- While the SkyPanel was designed to be used primarily as a soft light to illuminate people, various built-in features make it extremely adaptable to other uses. The diffuser panels on the front of the lamp head are interchangeable, so going from the Heavy to the Lite diffusion panel can be done in a matter of seconds.
- With the onboard battery input, SkyPanel can be run off industry-standard batteries. The S30 can be operated at full power on battery power.
- The SkyPanel also makes an effective space light outputting a large downward-directed pool of color controllable soft light through an optional silk cylinder.
- With Standard Diffusion: 217 lux/ 20 fc
- With Lite Diffusion: 235 lux/ 22 fc
- With Heavy Diffusion: 180 lux/ 17 fc
- With Intensifier: 282 lux/ 26 fc
At 16.4' / 5 m and 5600K
- With Standard Diffusion: 222 lux/ 21 fc
- With Lite Diffusion: 240 lux/ 22 fc
- With Heavy Diffusion: 185 lux/ 17 fc
- With Intensifier: 289 lux/ 27 fc