Designed as a basic equatorial mount for beginners or as a simple grab-and-go option for more experienced enthusiasts, Vixen Optics' AP Advanced Polaris EQ Mount is engineered to customized as your needs demand. Offered here in its bare-bones configuration, it will serve well as a conventional equatorial mount with competent 13.2-pound payload capacity, adjustment dials for the altitude and azimuth axes, and a counterweight and shaft. A clutch-less friction-control system allows the mount to be quickly moved to your target by simply pointing the optical tube assembly (OTA) where you want it with your hands.
Intended as a complete observational platform, Vixen includes their APP-TL130 adjustable-height tripod that has an adjustable height from 20.7-45.6" to accommodate an array of users and a variety of OTA styles and sizes. An array of optional accessories is available separately so you can tailor the mount to your specific needs. Accessories include a right ascension motor and Star Book One hand controller kit, declination motor, polar alignment scope, and polar meter.
- Equatorial mount with optional accessories for customization
- 13.2-pound payload capacity, without counterweight
- Azimuth adjustment range:
- 1.4° per rotation
- Dual adjustment screws with knobs
- Altitude adjustment range:
- 1.9° per rotation
- Tangent screw with handle
- 20mm steel counterweight bar
- 2.2lb (1kg) counterweight
- 360° micro movement on both axes
- Worm gear:
- Right ascension: 11.0mm diameter, brass
- Declination: 9.8mm diameter, brass
- Worm wheel:
- R.A: 73.5mm diameter, 144-tooth wheel gear
- Dec: 58.4mm diameter, 144-tooth wheel gear
- Friction break with adjustable tension on both axes
- Three leg sections
- Collapsed length: 24"
- Min leg length: 22.4"
- Max leg length: 51"
- Adjustable height of 20.7-45.6"
- Weight: 7 pounds
- Compatibility: Vixen Porta II mount, GP Mount, and fork mount