Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots from Peachpit Press is a thorough guide for improving your photographs of food using a mixture of technical and practical lessons. Authored by photographer Nicole S. Young, this 288 page e-book features instruction on the photographic basics, including cameras, lenses, and lighting gear, as well as key principles, such as aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. These topics, as well as lessons on lighting and composition, are then applied to food photography along with discussions on styling your shoots with props, fabrics, and tabletops. Finally, the book also covers improving the look of your imagery during post-production.
This e-book has been specifically designed and coded for reading on electronic devices, such as tablets, e-readers, and computers. It is optimized to be read on an iPad but is compatible with any device capable of displaying EPUB, MOBI, or PDF files. Integrated touch features permit seamless navigation throughout the publication as well as the ability to immediately skip to sections of interest.
- Use different camera settings to gain full control over the look you want
- Master the basics of composition, depth of field, focus, and more
- Enhance the look of your food photographs by using props and different styling techniques
- Work with a variety of lighting types, including strobes and natural light
- Enhance your photographs during post-production with Adobe Photoshop
- A behind-the-scenes look at the complete start-to-finish process of producing professional-quality food photographs