Maglite's third-generation ML50L 3-Cell C LED Flashlight has been given an upgrade over previous iterations with higher output and longer runtimes thanks to a more efficient and powerful LED emitter. The ML50L has a minimum output of 20 lumens, which is ideal for performing tasks such as reading and digging through a pack or kitchen drawer, and a maximum of 611 lumens for navigating and illuminating large areas. They maintained their iconic form factor and focusable beam, while giving the light three outputs plus a strobe for signaling, along with momentary activation.
In an effort to limit excessive button pressing and confusing sequences, the light is engineered with four selectable "function sets." Each set has a specific usage in mind, and each has a different set of three pre-programmed outputs. The function sets are described as: General, Outdoor, Law Enforcement, and Tactical. Built for durability, the aluminum housing has a scratch- and corrosion-resistant anodized finish and is O-ring sealed for a weather-resistant IPX4 rating. Its diamond-textured handle provides a sure, slip-resistant grip in cold or wet weather. Weighing in at 16 oz, with the three user-supplied C-cell batteries, the ML50L is a reliable light that won't weigh you down.
- Eco: 20 lumens
- Low: 105 lumens
- High: 611 lumens
- White LED emitter
- Emergency strobe signal mode: 12 flashes/second
- Rapidly focusable beam: Flood to spot light within 1/4 turn
- Type: 2-stage push button
- Location: Handle
- Momentary and constant-on modes
- One button to control on/off and output selection
- Four preset function sets for customized uses:
- General: Full power, Low power, Eco
- Outdoor: Full power, Low power, Strobe
- Law Enforcement: Momentary, Full power, Eco
- Tactical: Momentary, Full power, Strobe
- Durable and lightweight aluminum housing
- Corrosion- and scratch-resistant anodized finish
- IPX4 rated water resistant
- Impact resistant to 3.3'
- Diamond-textured slip-resistant grip
- Runs on three user-supplied C-cell batteries
- 16 oz with batteries