The MoVI M15 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer with Hard Case from Freefly is exclusively available as part of the MoVI M15 Summer Adventure Bundle and includes the MoVI M15 gimbal stabilizer and a Pelican hard case with a custom-cut foam interior designed to fit the stabilizer and accessories.
The MoVI M15 provides camera stabilization system using three motors and an IMU (inertial measurement unit) to detect and counteract unwanted movement along three axes: pan, tilt, and roll. In particular, it works to compensate for handshake or vehicle-induced vibration as well as reduce translation. It supports payloads up to 15 pounds, making it suitable for professional cinema cameras with lenses, as well as smaller camcorders and DSLRs.
The system supports single- or dual-operator control. In single user (Majestic) mode, the system's software intelligently differentiates unwanted shake or vibration from intentional movement, such as panning, while keeping the horizon level. Alternatively, you can have a dedicated operator (Stabilized Slew mode) with a remote control or RC transmitter who is in charge of camera pan, tilt, and roll. In this configuration, the camera will always point where the operator of the remote tells it to, independent of how the rig operator moves.
As with sled-style stabilizers, the camera should be balanced on the MoVI to ensure best performance. Once balanced, the MoVI will need to be linked via Bluetooth to an Android mobile device or a computer or tablet running Windows to finalize the configuration process.
Two lithium-polymer (LiPo) batteries and a charger are included, as well as a quick-release top handle for low-angle shooting or transporting the assembled rig on set. The MoVI M15 and its included accessories can be safely stored and transported inside the included Travel Case, which features a Pelican-made hard-shell exterior and custom-cut foam interior.
- Majestic Mode: For single-operator use. In this mode the gimbal provides stabilization without counteracting operator-directed camera movements--the camera goes where you point the handles. This mode is ideal for accurate framing in tight situations
- Stabilized Mode: Assumes no operator input, compensating for all movement it detects. Ideal scenarios for this mode include when the gimbal is mounted to a car or shots where the camera is moving but the camera angle remains fixed
- Slew Stabilized Mode: For dual-operator control. In this mode an operator with a dedicated remote or RC transmitter controls pan, tilt, and roll independently of the gimbal handler's movements.
- Custom designed, precisely calibrated sensors
- Fully tool-less balancing
- Second battery cage of holding a battery dedicated to powering accessories
- Handles can be switch from low to high modes with flip of a lever
- Quick-release top handle
- Pelican hard shell case
- Custom-cut foam interior
- Retractable trolley handle
- Shock-absorbing interior
- Watertight, airtight, and dustproof
- Chemical resistant and corrosion proof