Based on a proven design but modified for specialized photographic applications, the Fujifilm X-T1 IR is a unique mirrorless digital camera that allows you to photograph both UV and IR wavelengths, in addition to the visible spectrum. This updated design passes 380-1000nm, compared to the approximate 400-700nm range of most cameras, allowing you to photograph subjects that are otherwise rendered invisible. This extended range is suitable for forensic, crime scene investigation, and healthcare applications.
Aside from the distinct spectral sensitivity, the X-T1 IR is identical to the X-T1 in nearly all other aspects. It features a 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II to produce high-resolution imagery and full HD video with an expandable sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 as well as a top continuous shooting rate of 8 fps. Fujifilm's proprietary X-Trans sensor uses a unique randomized pixel array in order to avoid the use of a resolution-reducing optical low-pass filter, therefore providing images with the utmost sharpness and clarity. This imaging system is benefitted by the Intelligent Hybrid AF system, which uses both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly and accurately. Enhanced manual focusing capabilities are also a result of these technologies; Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking are two methods for quickly and precisely determining focus using intelligent focusing aids for improved control and optimized efficiency.
For image monitoring, review, and menu navigation, both a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting LCD screen are available. The body design extends this versatility through the implementation of manual, physical control dials on the top plate of the camera as well as customizable buttons and a Q Menu button for expedited access to some of the most useful settings. This control scheme further enables an intuitive built-in Wi-Fi system for direct sharing of imagery to an Android or iOS mobile device for instant sharing online.
Dedicated to Infrared Photography
16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
The X-Trans sensor also works to provide highly effective noise reduction and a clean signal-to-noise ratio. This enables smoother-looking imagery that becomes especially apparent when photographing in low-light situations with an expanded sensitivity range of ISO 100-25600. Additionally, a top continuous shooting rate of 8 fps is possible, for up to 47 consecutive frames, to benefit working with moving subject matter.
EXR Processor II
Intelligent Hybrid AF and Enhanced Manual Focus
When working with manual focus, two additional features can be employed for enhanced critical focusing in a more controllable manner. By using the phase-detection pixels located on the imaging sensor, Digital Split Image technology is able to assist in acquiring precise focus through the implementation of four striped focusing aids; akin to a rangefinder focusing method, once these stripes have been lined up, sharp focus can be ensured. Also contributing to manual focus accuracy, Focus Peak Highlight has been integrated and enables a more objective system of focusing by way of highlighting sharp edges and lines of contrast, using one of three colors, once they are in focus.
Multi Mode Real Time Viewfinder
Beyond the technical aspects of the viewfinder, an adaptable graphical user interface has also been designed to increase efficiency during shooting. Four different viewing modes are available:
- FULL: This mode takes advantage of the high magnification ratio of the viewfinder and produces an image that fills the majority of the viewfinder in an unobstructed manner. Shooting information is presented at the top and bottom edges and does not interfere with the image frame itself.
- NORMAL: This mode enables you to focus on the composition at hand while still having an in-depth understanding of camera settings and shooting conditions.
- VERTICAL: When the camera is held in a vertical orientation, the information display automatically rotates so it is facing upright for easier reading of camera settings. When working in this mode, images can also be reviewed in the vertical orientation.
- DUAL: Serving to benefit those working with manual focus, this mode presents a split screen view of the scene where you see both a regular view as well as the Focus Assist View (Focus Highlight Peaking and Digital Split Image) at the same time, allowing you to concentrate on the image composition as well as critical focus accuracy.
In addition to the four viewing modes, the shooting information displayed within the viewfinder can also be customized to suit one's needs. 19 different settings can be toggled on or off depending on preference.
Classic Camera Design
Furthermore, the magnesium alloy body also features approximately 80 points of weather sealing to protect itself from dust and moisture, as well as temperatures as low as 14°F, for confident use in trying conditions.
Full HD Movie Recording
An HDMI port enables high definition playback of movies to an HDTV and the inclusion of a 2.5mm input supports the use of an optional external microphone for enhanced sound quality.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in 14-bit RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface. Additionally, for more thorough processing of files, RAW File Converter software is included for RAW image processing on your computer.
- Interval shooting is possible with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours for up to 999 frames.
- Compatible with UHS-II memory cards for fast transfer speeds during shooting.
- Multiple Exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD or in the EVF before making the final exposure.
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- The included EF-X8 shoe-mount flash has a guide number of 26.2' at ISO 100 and provides additional illumination to imagery for photographing in dark conditions. A sync terminal is also available for use of additional optional external flashes.
- The included NP-W126 battery enables approximately 350 frames to be recorded per charge.