Poised to be the center of a Windows-based home studio or mobile rig, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB desktop 10x6 USB audio interface combines the sound, feel, and flow of analog studio recording with powerful DUO Core real-time UAD processing and a hearty bundle of 14 stellar UAD plug-ins.
Furnished with 24-bit / 192 kHz converters performing well beyond the interface's price point, the Apollo Twin USB gives musicians, producers, songwriters, and audio engineers the appreciable value of clear, high-resolution recording and mixing with low distortion (-110 dB) and great dynamic range (118 dB).
The interface features two XLR-1/4" mic/line combo inputs and a 1/4" Hi-Z input, all with Unison integration for precise UAD emulations of classic analog preamps—impart vintage character of your choosing on microphone and instrument recordings while bypassing the unpredictable nature of old equipment.
Thanks to the switchable low-cut filter, pad, polarity inversion, 48V phantom power, and stereo linking on each analog input, you can efficiently optimize your incoming signals with straightforward buttons on the Apollo Twin USB's face. In addition to the two primary analog inputs, you can record up to eight more channels by connecting external preamps with ADAT or S/PDIF optical outputs to the TOSLINK optical input port on the Apollo Twin USB.
The built-in DUO Core processing allows you to monitor and record audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency and no burden on your computer's CPU. The included Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle empowers you with 14 top-notch plug-ins ranging from compressors and EQs to virtual guitar/bass amps and time-based processors. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows.
Equipped with a dedicated stereo monitor feed, a front-panel headphone output, and two additional 1/4" line outputs, the Apollo Twin USB can serve as the monitor controller for your studio's speakers and headphones. Plus, its clearly visible input and output meters help you keep track of your levels.
At any point, you can increase the power of the Apollo Twin USB through integration of qualified Universal Audio hardware. Add UAD-2 PCIe DSP accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite Firewire, and UAD-2 Satellite USB to expand DSP resources without abandoning the Apollo Twin USB.
The Power of Apollo
- Track, overdub, and mix with high-resolution AD/DA conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins
- DUO Core UAD processing for tracking through models of vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amps with near-zero latency and no burden on your computer’s CPU
- Unison technology nails the tone of sought-after tube and solid-state mic pres including their input impedance, gain-stage sweet spots, and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware
- USB 3.0 connectivity for Windows computers (USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable included)
- Convenient desktop form factor with reliable AC powering (external power supply included)
- Free, industry-leading phone/online technical support from knowledgeable audio engineers
I/O for the Studio
- 10x6 audio interface with two Unison-enabled microphone preamps (via XLR-1/4" combo mic/line inputs), providing emulations of classic analog preamps with near-zero latency
- One front-panel, Unison-enabled 1/4" Hi-Z input for direct connection of a guitar, bass, or keyboard
- Stereo 1/4" monitor output and one 1/4" headphone output, each with dedicated level control
- Two additional 1/4" line-level outputs, may be used for alternate monitor outputs
- Add up to eight extra input channels via one TOSLINK optical ADAT port (may alternatively be used for stereo S/PDIF)
- Use alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and UAD-2 Satellite USB for truly scalable mixing power
14 Powered Plug-Ins
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler