The Cloudlifter CL-Z Variable Impedance Mic Activator from Cloud Microphones is a compact, single-input solution for common audio problems in the field and in the studio involving low-output passive microphones, including ribbons. The CL-Z uses any standard phantom-powered mixer or microphone input device to provide up to +25 dB of clean gain, variable input impedance, and a variable high-pass filter. Having an input impedance control that is sweepable from 150 Ohms to 15 kOhms allows you to creatively load the microphone's output transformer, with the result being a wide range of new tonal variations becoming available to each mic.
The CL-Z improves signal-to-noise ratio and improves the performance of passive microphone signals by driving stronger, cleaner signals over longer XLR cable runs, making them ideal for broadcast, live, and studio applications. It is housed in a rugged steel enclosure which offers shielding and durability.
- Fully sweepable variable impedance loading from 150 ohms to 15 kOhms
- High-Pass Filter frequency is variable from below 20 Hz to over 200 Hz
- Dual gain settings allow for a +12 dB or +25 dB increase
- Increases gain before feedback ratio in live & public address performances
- Self-contained design requires only phantom power
- Compatible with tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones
- Protects any passive ribbon with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Class A, Discrete JFET circuitry
- Rugged, road ready and portable, for studio, stage and broadcasting
- Handcrafted entirely in the USA