Program vintage Ampeg-style bass amp tones without hauling a huge rig to your gig with Tech 21's SansAmp VT Bass Deluxe Pedal. This programmable pedal is part of Tech 21's Character series of pedals which emulate famous tones from vintage and modern gear. Using the "Character" knob on the front panel of the VT Bass Deluxe Pedal evokes simulated Ampeg-style tones which combine with the drive and EQ sections for a convincing vintage and modern sound palette. For additional realism, a smooth speaker cabinet simulation can be switched in; great for going direct to a live mixing board or studio recording console. An effects loop can be engaged to properly place any time-based or modulation effects in the signal chain.
Four independent footswitches provide up to six discrete programmable settings (2 banks of 3 presets) for instant recall on stage. Each preset can be easily programmed to memorize knob positions and effects loop in/out state. Presets can be quickly adjusted and saved on the fly while Tech 21's "Lazy Pot" feature prevents unexpected jumps in volume or drive.
Having multiple outputs allows for mixing and matching signal chain options. For example on a live stage, you can send a balanced DI signal to the mixing board or console while using the low-Z or parallel 1/4" outputs to route the signal back to your amp for real-time monitoring. Low-Z outputs can drive long cable lengths without signal deterioration, ensuring your bass signal arrives without attenuated high-frequencies or excess noise. A 10dB boost can be applied to the 1/4" output to match up with outboard equipment with different input requirements.
- Drive: Adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed
- Character: Sweeps through an entire range of tonal possibilities associated with Ampeg-style amplifiers. In addition to modifying the frequency response, the Character control also influences the attack and drive characteristics
- Settings below 12 o'clock can generate the powerful sound of a vintage '70s SVT
- Settings around 12 o'clock inspire the sound of the studio classic flip-top combo
- Settings above 12 o'clock will increase the gain and add crunch for modern and indie rock, and other overdriven bass sounds
- With the Character control set at maximum, the pedal evokes distorted bass tones reminiscent of progressive rock groups like Yes, King Crimson, and King's X
- Low, Mid, and High: Unlike passive controls that only cut, these active tone controls cut or boost ±12 dB from unity gain (12 o'clock). Mid is custom tuned to 12 dB at 500 Hz
- Level: Adjusts the output level of both the 1/4" and XLR outputs