The DS-10 Drum Shaper from XLN Audio is a plug-in for drums that uses drum-focused transient shaping to create polished and punchy sounds. The plug-in features three algorithm for a variety of transient shaping controls, while the MOJO processor open up exciting sound design possibilities. The simple interface allows you to select one of three modes, Kick, Snare, and Bus to create smooth drum mixes with controlled, punchy transients. The "Natural" algorithm provides artifact-free shaping, even when pushing the boundaries of sound design into extreme territories. Additionally, DS-10 includes the “Classic” algorithm taken from Addictive Drums 2 and a “Smooth” algorithm with an extra-long release time for parallel-like results.
The MOJO processor utilizes a unique technology of tuned transient shaping to achieve EQ and compression-like results by shaping specific frequency bands, while leaving other frequencies bands and non-transients unaffected. MOJO can increase or decrease high-frequency “snap” of a drum mix, add or remove mid-range “body” from a snare drum, or control the low-end “tightness” of a kick drum. MOJO is an independent processor and can be used with the DS-10’s transient processor or on its own.
- Drum-focused transient shaping for polished and punchy sound
- 3 Modes: Kick, Snare and Bus all specially tuned
- Natural algorithm for artifact-free transient shaping
- Classic algorithm from Addictive Drums 2
- Smooth algorithm offers an extra-long release for parallel-like results
- MOJO utilizes tuned transient shaping technology to achieve EQ and compression-like effects by shaping frequency bands
- MOJO can work independently of the drum shaping processor and opens up exciting sound design possibilities