The MSI Z170A Gaming M5 ATX Motherboard enables you to build a PC system with a 6th-generation Intel processor and up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM. This version of MSI's line of motherboards offers BIOS Flashback+ so you can flash the BIOS without a CPU and memory installed. It also delivers better sound quality than typical motherboards by coming equipped with a Nahimic Audio Enhancer. It supports up to two PCIe x4 M.2 SSDs as well as USB 3.1 Type-C and Type-A devices. Designed with gaming in mind, this motherboard has a Killer Gigabit LAN connector along with software for your mouse and keyboard to enhance them with macro combinations, which let you run multiple commands with a single click.
This motherboard comes outfitted with six SATA 6 Gb/s connectors and two SATA Express connectors that transfer data at a rate up to 10 Gb/s. The Intel Z170 Express chipset offers various RAID modes for SATA based storage drives and RAID 0 or RAID 1 for M.2 SSDs. To support SLI or CrossFire setups, this motherboard comes equipped with three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots. It also provides four PCIe 3.0 x1 slots for expansion cards.
In addition to the USB 3.1 ports, the rear I/O panel has two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 3.0 ports. For multimedia, it comes with five OFC audio jacks as well as an optical out, HDMI, and a DVI-D port. To connect with a legacy keyboard or mouse, it offers a PS/2 combo port. MSI has designed this motherboard to overclock your components by offering you Click BIOS 5 and OC Engine 2. It also comes with other built-in features to make sure your system runs reliably while in this mode.
Killer Ethernet E2400
Audio Boost 3
- Up to 2x faster than USB 3.0
- Up to 20x faster than USB 2.0
- Up to 10 Gb/s data transfer bandwidth
- Boost the transfer rate between your PC and external storage devices
USB 3.0 Connectivity
OC Engine 2
- V-Check Points 2 Lite - accurately monitors your voltages while overclocking and supports legacy and modern multimeters
- Debug LED - features a 2-digit LED for easy diagnostics and CPU temperature
- Slow Mode - helps defeat booting issues when overclocking at extremely high CPU frequencies. A switch temporary decreases the CPU ratio below stock settings, letting you boot to Windows
Military Class 5 Components
- Titanium Choke - uses a Titanium core that has a better ability in thermal as well as higher temperature tolerances. This allows it to run at 428°F / 220°C, have a 40% higher current capacity, a 30% improvement in power efficiency, and better overclocking power stability
- Dark Caps - feature an aluminum core design as well as provide lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) and over a 10-year lifespan