Adobe Premiere Elements 14 sports an expanded feature-set optimized for 4K movie editing, along with a versatile array of creative effects and tools for making well-rounded video productions. This 14th edition helps to quickly and intuitively create finished movies using an array of automated modes, such as Video Story, Favorite Moments, and InstantMovie, where you simply select your clips and a theme and let Premiere Elements do the rest. To hone your editing skill set, 16 Guided Edits are available that teach you editing skills while you produce a unique effect, such as how to apply selective color effects to movies or use fast- or slow-motion techniques. For additional creative control, Hollywood Effects can be used to add dynamic text effects, animated graphics, or replicate visual effects seen in Hollywood films. Both automated and individual control over color and brightness settings is possible, as well as corrective tools to clean up audio and reduce camera shake for more polished results. Rounding out the editing capabilities, Premiere Elements 14 also features an array of sharing and exporting functions, such as the ability to upload videos directly to social media sites, as well as organizational features that let you apply visual tags to clips based on people, places, and events.
Quick and Easy Moviemaking
- Video Story - Helping to automate the production of your wedding, birthday, or other big event movie, this mode lets you pick the story type and select clips for each chapter, and then automatically finishes the production by trimming, adding transitions, and including music based on the selected mood.
- Favorite Moments - This function lets you quickly select your favorite moments from a video clip and have them automatically compiled into a finished movie.
- InstantMovie - For quickly creating a finished product, this mode allows you to choose a theme and specific clips, and then creates a movie with coordinated music, titles, and effects.
- Quick Mode - This mode lets you simply use drag-and-drop style editing for greater efficiency and simplicity.
- Pan & Zoom - Turn your photos into dynamic movies by adding customizable pan and zoom movements.
- Auto Corrections - Camera shake, color casts, and poor lighting can all be mended through the use of auto corrections to clean up your footage.
- Set to Music - Both slideshows and movies can be edited to the beat of a song for continuity between the visuals and audio.
- Guided Edits - 16 different Guided Edits are provided to help you simultaneously produce and learn how to achieve specific editing techniques using step-by-step tutorials.
- Selective Color - For creatively highlighting portions of color, this guided edit adds pop to certain colors in the scene while turning everything else black and white.
- Fast and Slow Motion - Step-by-step tutorials are available to help achieve fast and slow motion effects with your footage.
- Text Motion - Add dynamic text to your videos by incorporating motion inside the titles of your movie; add graphics, text, or effects that move with your subject; apply bounce, spin, or zoom effects to your text; or add animated titles, motion menus, and polished credits.
- Dramatic Effects - A variety of effects can be added to your movies to lend a dramatic quality or direct the viewer's eye to a specific part of the frame.
- Hollywood Looks - Designed to emulate the look of your favorite films, a range of effects match specific looks or themes used in Hollywood, such as Comic or Yesteryear.
- Motion Effects - Footage can be sped up or slowed down for either a comical appearance or dramatic feeling.
- Cartoon - A dedicated cartoon look can be added for a fun touch.
- Graphics and Animations - To complement your video content, a clip art library is included that contains graphics, frames, and animations for adding to your movie.
- Transitions - Various transitions and themes are available for a more polished final appearance.
Advanced Editing Options
- 4K Editing - In addition to HD and lower resolutions, Elements 14 supports editing and viewing high-resolution 4K footage.
- High-Resolution Display - Benefitting working with 4K video, high-resolution monitors are also supported for clear, accurate viewing.
- Music and Sound - Accentuate your footage with more than 50 musical scores and 250 sound effects available.
- Video Tone - Ensure consistent and accurate colors using this feature that optimizes tones based on learned preferences.
- 64-Bit Support - Speed and stability is maintained during editing thanks to support for 64-bit operating systems from Mac and Windows.
- Audio Balance - Automatic audio balancing is available as well as the ability to correct any problems with videos' sound.
- Color Sliders - Intuitive sliders can be used to adjust the color of footage.
- Color Consistency - Using the colors and textures from one clip, you can apply these adjustments to another clip for consistency.
Share and Export
- Multiple Format Export - Finished movies can be exported in a variety of formats, including up to 4K resolution, 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratios, or in smaller formats intended for smartphone or tablet playback.
- Social Media Sharing - Videos can be exported directly to social media sites, including Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Disc Burning - Projects can be burned to DVDs or Blu-ray discs for easy playback.
- AVCHD Export - Movies can also be exported in the high-quality AVCHD format for sharing.
Find and Organize Media
- Location Tagging - You can search for videos depending on the location they were made.
- Import - Footage can easily be imported from a range of cameras, including compact camcorders and DSLRs.
- Organize - Visual tags, such as for places, events, or people, can be used to aid in organizing and locating various clips.