The ComNet FVT/FVR40A4 series video/audio multiplexer utilizes 10-bit video encoding for true EIA/TIA RS-250C Short-Haul broadcast quality transmission, and 24-bit encoding at a 96 Khz sampling rate for the highest possible audio fidelity. Digitally Encoded transmission ensures that the video and audio performance remain completely unaffected up to the maximum usable optical transmission distance or optical path loss. These environmentally hardened units provide the transmission of four independent simplex video and four independent simplex line-level audio channels over one multimode or single mode optical fiber.
- Wide optical dynamic range: optical attenuators are never required
- Designed for installation in harsh out-of-plant/unconditioned industrial or roadside operating environments
- Fully compliant with the environmental requirements of NEMA TS-2 for traffic signal control equipment
- Status indicating LEDs provide rapid indication of critical operating parameters
- 4 channels of 24-bit/96 Khz sampling rate digitally encoded audio for the highest possible audio quality
- Line-Level 600 ohm balanced audio input and audio output at a maximum level of +6dBm
- Voltage transient protection on all power and signal input/output lines provides protection from power surges and other voltage transient events