The ComNet FDC8ISOT 8-channel contact closure transmitter unit provides up to eight independent normally-open dry contact closures over one multimode or single-mode optical fiber. Each of the contact closure inputs are optically isolated to ground, for those applications where high stray or transient voltages may exist. Microprocessor-based logic in the FDC8ISOT transmitter detects a customer-furnished switch or contact closure, and encodes the closure into robust data packets that are mapped and transmitted to the FDC8NLR receiver. Packets received with excessive bit errors will not result in random changes in the receiver relay contact resting or actuated states, making this system ideal for mission-critical remote switching applications. Plug-and-Play design ensures ease of installation and operation, and no optical or electrical adjustments are ever required.
- Transmits up to eight contact closures over one optical fiber
- Eight channel Point-to-Point architecture
- Microprocessor-based logic eliminates random contact closure status in electrically noisy environments
- Ambient operating temperature range for deployment in virtually any unconditioned out-of-plant or roadside environment
- Status indicating LEDs provide rapid indication of critical operating parameters
- Hot-swappable rack modules
- Interchangeable between stand-alone or rack mount use - ComFit