The ComNet FDC8 Series contact closure transmitter and receiver provides transmission of up to eight independent contact closures over one RS232 link or optical fiber. Microprocessor-based logic sends the contact information in packets that are ordered and encoded, ensuring extremely robust transmission. Packets that are garbled, packets out of sequence, and transmission bit errors will not cause random changes of state on the contact relays. Also, the mechanical latching relays maintain their state even when the unit loses power. Each module incorporates power and individual status indicating LEDs for monitoring confirmation of contact closure of each of the eight channels.
- Transmits up to eight contact closures over one RS232 link, or one optical fiber
- Eight channel Point-to-Point transmission architecture
- Indicating LEDs for monitoring power and contact channels
- Microprocessor-based logic and latching relays in receiver unit eliminate random contact closure status in the event of loss of link or loss of prime operating power
- Automatic resettable solid-state current limiters
- Hot-swappable rack modules