The ComNet FDC80 series contact closure transmitter and receiver units provide transmission of up to eight independent supervised or unsupervised dry switch or relay contact closures over a single optical fiber, or any two-wire RS-485 copper circuit. Microprocessor-based logic transmits the contact closure information in packets that are ordered and encoded, ensuring extremely robust and reliable transmission. Packets that are garbled, or packets out of sequence with transmission bit errors will not cause random changes of state in the FDC80R receiver unit relays. System faults are displayed via LED status indicators, and user-programmable summary fault alarm contacts are triggered in the FDC80R receiver unit. The FDC80R receiver is offered in both latching and non-latching relay configurations.
- Transmits up to eight independent supervised or unsupervised dry switch or relay contacts over one optical fiber, or via a 2-wire RS-485 point-to-point copper circuit
- Microprocessor-based logic and latching relays in the receiver unit eliminate random contact closure states in the event of a loss of the link, or a loss of prime operating power
- Indicating LEDs for monitoring power, contact closure status, and summary fault
- Automatic resettable solid-state current limiters
- Hot-swappable rack modules
- Interchangeable between stand-alone or rack mount use - ComFit