The ComNet FDC80 series contact closure transmitter and receiver units provide transmission of up to eight independent supervised or unsupervised dry switch or relay contact closures over a single optical fiber, or any two-wire RS-485 copper circuit. Microprocessor-based logic transmits the contact closure information in packets that are ordered and encoded, ensuring extremely robust and reliable transmission. The supervising function in the FDC80T transmitter allows for the detection of short and open circuit conditions, and normally open or normally closed contact inputs are supported.
- Transmits up to eight independent supervised or unsupervised dry switch or relay contacts over one optical fiber, or via a 2-wire RS-485 point-to-point copper circuit
- Microprocessor-based logic and latching relays in the receiver unit eliminate random contact closure states in the event of a loss of the link, or a loss of prime operating power
- Tested and certified by an independent laboratory for full compliance with the environmental requirements of NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and the Caltrans Specification for Traffic Signal Control Equipment
- Indicating LEDs for monitoring power, contact closure status, and summary fault
- Automatic resettable solid-state current limiters
- Hot-swappable rack modules
- Interchangeable between stand-alone or rack mount use - ComFit