The WyreStorm Express EXP-EX-COAX-50 is a single cable point to point HDMI extender set using copper-core 75Ohm Coax cable to transmit 1080p HD video @60Hz and multi-channel HD audio over distance up to 50m (164ft) including wide-band, two-way IR control from both source and display location.
The 'Analog Sun' may have set, but even in these days of digital distribution, the use of coax as a cable medium is still a popular requirement to transmit and control HD signals between sources and display location in legacy or mixed analog/digital systems such as aerial and cable/satellite installations, where coax is effective due to the low loss at high frequencies, vital for TV Set-top boxes and cable modem installations.
Key to any installation is successful transmission, with the EXP-EX-COAX-50 featuring EDID management to manually handle device communication and cable distance settings to fine tune signal extension based on the length of cable between devices to maximize compatibility and reliable delivery of the signal between source and display.
Maintaining the integrity of the distribution within the installation environment is also paramount and the EXP-EX-COAX-50 include protection against ESD (electrostatic discharge) to further stabilize transmission with LED indication on the unit housing providing clear confirmation of power and signal link status.
- Automatically adjusts signal feedback, equalization and amplification
- EDID/Setting DIP switches on transmitter and receiver encourages communication between source/display devices to solve compatibility issues
- HDMI 1.3 supported
- Each port supports HDMI or DVI signals
- HDCP compliant
- LED indication of device power and video signal status
- Units contain ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection technology to guard again static build-up that can damage circuitry
- Wide band, two-way IR control of source from display locations and display from source locations
- Mounting brackets supplied
- Lockable BNC connectors
- IR receiver, emitter and 5v mains power supply included
- Units can be cascaded by connecting additional transmitters and receivers to further expand distribution