The Matrix Switch Aviation Ready 16 x 16 SD/HD/3G-SDI Video Routing Switcher with Status Panel accepts multiple SD, HD, and 3G-SDI (video with SDI embedded audio) inputs across 16 ports and switches a source across 16 output ports. Supporting data transfer rates from 19 Mbps to 3 Gbps, the switcher transmits SD signals up to 1312 ft (400m).
The aviation ready switcher comes with a Mil spec power connector for aircraft DC power interfaces, 18-50 VDC isolated internal power supply (28 VDC nominal), secured Locktite screws and chassis components for anti-vibration characteristics and airworthiness, and 24-hour burn-in. This aviation ready switcher is built to be conformant with certain application requirements that were originally set down by the Sierra Nevada Corporation.
The 16 x 16 SD, HD, 3G-SDI Video Routing Switcher features auto detection of standard SMPTE data rates, which are re-clocked across each output for jitter-free operation, and non-standard SDI rates are bypassed (20 Mbps to 3 Gbps). Control options consists of text based protocol (MASCOT) over TCP/IP port, RS-232 serial, or web page interface. The switcher is compatible with optional Matrix Switch Corporation TCP/IP remote panels.
MSC-DE1616 AES digital audio module
MSC-AA1616 balanced analog stereo audio module
Aviation Ready Features
- 18-50 VDC isolated internal power supply (28 VDC nominal); operates directly from aircraft power source
- Mil-Spec power connector for aircraft DC power interface
- Secured (Locktite) screws and chassis components for anti-vibration characteristics and airworthiness
- 24-hour burn in
- Conforms with necessary application requirements for aviation systems originally set down by Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Accepts multiple SD, HD, and 3G SDI (video only) inputs across 16 ports and switches a source across 16 output ports
- Passes SDI embedded audio
- Data transfer rates from 19 Mbps to 3 Gbps
- Auto bypasses non-standard SDI rates from 20 Mbps to 3 Gbps
- Transmission distance – 1,148 ft for SD, 574 ft for HD, and 328 ft for 3G-SDI
- Re-clocking of standard SD, HD, and 3G-SDI data rates
- Store and recall up to 10 presets (complete or partial matrix state recall)
- Vertical interval switching
- Auto detection of standard SMPTE data rates
- Interactive web page interface
- Flexible control via a text based protocol—MASCOT—over TCP/IP port, RS-232 serial, or web page interface
- Software updates via Ethernet port
- Compact design — 1RU