Convergent Design's Apollo OLED Monitor, Recorder, Switcher is a four camera HD video switcher that can record all four video inputs while simultaneously recording either the quad split display, or the program output. It builds upon the proven hardware of the Odyssey 7Q+, but stands by itself as a very different product. Dual SSD slots are provided for recording video to Convergent Design Premium 2.5" SSDs, which offer high speeds, reliability, and power-loss protection. Select Samsung SSDs are supported as an option to Convergent Design branded SSDs. The monitor features a 7.7", 1280 x 800, OLED, touchscreen display with a 3400:1 contrast ratio, true blacks, and professional monitoring features such as waveform, histogram, vectorscope, and 3D LUT support.
The Apollo features four distinct HD-SDI inputs, with two HD-SDI outputs as well as an HDMI in and output. has two 3G-SDI inputs, two 3G-SDI outputs, and two bi-directional 3G-SDI connectors which can be assigned as either inputs or outputs via menu selection. Most of the inputs/outputs are on the bottom of the monitor, with 1/4"-20 mounting threads on the sides. The touchscreen allows you to access the menu, and also select your program feed from your four inputs. As you would expect to find on a professional switcher, an on screen indicator shows you which camera input is active. The Titan HD Extract option, which allows you to create multiple HD windows from a single 4K source is included. An AC adapter is included for powering the device, with optional battery plates available.
Titan HD Extract Option
Multi-Stream Monitoring / Recording
When recording from multiple cameras, all the cameras must be outputting the same format and frame rate to the Apollo.
Image Analysis Tools
Histogram — Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size options
Vectorscope — Analog or digital; Trace display in green or color (true CbCr); Variable Zoom 1.0x - 15.0x (finger drag left-right); Zoom Presets 1, 2, 5, 10, 15x (finger drag up-down)
False Color — Six programmable levels & adjustable ranges
Zebras — Dual adjustable zebra exposure indicators, selectable colors
LUT Support — LUTs for Log formats from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon Panasonic and Sony, plus up to 140 custom 3D-LUTs in .CUBE format
LUT System & Custom 3D LUT Support
- Support for user-loadable custom 3D LUTs (up to 140)
- 17x, 32x, 33x, 64x, 65x 3D-LUT .CUBE formats supported
- .CUBE LUTs translated for Apollo using Convergent Design 3D-LUT Converter App
- LUTs are currently for monitoring only, not recording
- LUTs viewed during recording noted in XML file metadata (new CD Apple ProRes Transfer Utility 1.7 required)
- Extended and Legal Range LUTs supported (EE vs LL)
- Image Analysis Tools can measure "LUTTED" image or original source
- Video outputs can independently turn ON/OFF LUT or Mirror OLED
Additional Monitoring Features
Aspect Ratio Guides — Standard and Custom (user adjustable), may be used for framing guides, Horizontal/Vertical framing guides available
SSD Recording Media
Third-Party SSD Support
- Samsung 850 Evo PRO in 128GB, 512GB, and 1TB
- Samsung 850 Evo 1000GB
Note: Samsung SSDs draw more power than Convergent Design SSDs. Convergent Design recommends using an AC-powered USB3 adapter or a Thunderbolt adapter when connecting Samsung SSDs to a computer.
- Dual 4K/UHD recording in Apple ProRes in 24p, 25p, and 30p.
- DNxHD recording
- Remote keyboard control pad support
- On-screen source naming
- Cascade interconnect for 12 channel HD / 6 channel 4K recording