Capture images and video at depths up to 200' beneath the surface using this Ikelite Underwater Housing for the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90 or DSC-WX500 digital camera. Large, ergonomic mechanical controls provide access to virtually all camera functions.
The enclosure's dual built-in fiber-optic ports allow for the attachment of optional Ikelite, SEA&SEA, and Olympus-type strobes via cables. Alternatively, the housing is also compatible with the optional wireless AF35 strobe, which replicates TTL exposure. Both the fiber-optic and wireless connections rely on the firing of the camera's built-in flash to trigger a strobe. Additionally, a flash diffuser and deflector are supplied.
Built for durability, the housing is designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA. Manufactured from durable, clear polycarbonate, it resists corrosion and allows you to maintain a full view of the camera while monitoring the O-ring seal. The integrated, flat glass lens port has a 3.9" diameter and accepts optional wide-angle and macro add-on lenses, as well as color-correction filters.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Close two double-passivated (corrosion-resistant), stainless steel locking lid snaps and see O-ring form a solid watertight seal
- Designed, made by hand, and tested in USA
- Made from clear, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, allowing you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain a full view of camera
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and a lever, afford access to all camera controls except for flash pop-up switch and viewfinder pop-up switch
- Controls are large for easy operation while wearing diving gloves
- Optional tray with single or dual quick-release handles can be connected to 1/4"-20 mount on bottom of housing, in order to improve balance and provide attachment point for lighting arm
- Built-in, flat glass lens port with 3.9" diameter
- Accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses for increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively
- Both types of lenses enable you to get closer to subjects, cutting down on amount of water between subject and lens to reduce distortion
- Optional color-correction filters can also be attached to restore hues that get absorbed by water
- Dual built-in fiber-optic ports allow for the attachment of optional Ikelite, SEA&SEA, and Olympus-type strobes via cables
- Housing also compatible with optional wireless AF35 strobe, which varies power automatically to replicate TTL exposure and also features six manual power settings
- As most built-in flashes are only effective at a range of about 1-3' from your subject in clear conditions, external lighting is highly recommended for brighter, clearer images with greater color accuracy and vibrancy
- External strobes also virtually eliminate backscatter, the reflecting of light off particles in the water, which can lead to "snow" in your images
- Housing includes flash diffuser to soften the light from camera's built-in flash, in order to make it less harsh and reduce backscatter
- Also supplied is a flash deflector to redirect light from built-in flash towards an external strobe