The JVC GY-HM650SC ProHD Sports Coaching Camera adds sports coaching specific functionality to JVC's GY-HM650, and it is designed to interface with the XOS Thunder HD Platform for reduced upload time for practice and game footage. The camera features superb low-light performance, a lightweight and user-friendly design, and exceptional advanced features, providing capacity for fast, efficient, and high-quality mobile newsgathering. The camera records 4:2:0 but has a live output of 4:2:2.
The HM650SC offers built-in GPS, WiFi connectivity allowing FTP file uploads, and remote control and remote viewing Apps for both iOS and Android. Also, a dual codec recording capacity allows for simultaneous HD + SD or HD + ¼ HD capture for web delivery.
Three 1/3" 12-bit CMOS sensors are each capable of a max resolution of 1920 x 1080. A 23x Fujinon autofocus zoom lens shoots long and wide angles and is operable by manual functions. The camera offers F11 sensitivity @2000 lux as well as a built-in 3-position ND filter. Connections include HD-SDI and HDMI. Comprehensive recording options consist of MPEG-2, AVCHD, and SD and Proxy H.264. Two SDXC/SDHC slots are available for dual-backup, continuous recording. A viewfinder, LCD display, and built-in microphone provide additional flexibility in on-the-go shooting.
Sports Camera Functionality
The GYHM650SC features an intuitive GUI that permits you to include specific metadata related to the type of play (offense, defense, kickoff, etc.). The metadata can then be interpreted by the XOS Thunder platform, allowing the system to automatically categorize and separate plays into appropriate folders, which can save hours of post-recording cutting and tagging when compared to traditional coaching workflows.
You can send footage directly to the analytics platform as a stream or FTP upload after each play via a 4G LTE connection or Wi-Fi using the GY-HM650SC's built-in streaming tools. As a result, footage does not have to be uploaded manually, so coaches and players can review footage as soon as the game or practice is complete. In addition, high-quality HD footage can be simultaneously recorded to SD cards in the camera for further detailed review, backup, or archive purposes.
- Three 1/3" 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 each)
- 23x Fujinon autofocus wide angle zoom lens with manual functions (F1.6-3.0, 23x, f=4.1-94.3mm (35mm conversion: 29 to 667mm)
- F11 Sensitivity @2000 lux
- Optical image stabilizer
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
Inputs / Outputs
- HD/SD-SDI and HDMI outputs
- 2-ch balanced audio mic/line switchable inputs with phantom power supply
Multiple Encoding Formats
- SD H.264
- AVCHD 1920 x 1080 60i
- HD MPEG2 (35 / 25 / 19Mbps)
Wide Media Format Compatibility
- .MP4 (XDCAM EX)
- .MOV (for Final Cut Pro)
- Dual Codec recording for simultaneous HD + SD or HD + ¼ HD capture (for web delivery)
- SDXC/SDHC memory card recording (2 slots for dual-backup, continuous recording)
- Built-in GPS
- WiFi connectivity with Apps for iOS/Android for remote control, remote viewing, and metadata upload
- FTP file upload via WiFi
- File interoperability from acquisition to air
- Professional switch layout and comprehensive video settings
- Pre Rec (retro) mode (20 sec.)
- Time lapse recording
- Built-in stereo microphone
- 0.45-inch 1.22M pixel color viewfinder
- 3.5-inch 920K pixel LCD display with focus assist
- High performance 2D DNR
- Wired remote control connector