The black Shure ULXD2/K8 is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with ULX-D and QLX-D receivers. It comes equipped with a KSM8 dual-diaphragm dynamic capsule that minimizes proximity effect, delivering a consistent sound even when the distance between the mic and the sound source varies. The cardioid polar pattern provides a clean, richly detailed signal with reduced feedback, great for speech and vocals in live venues.
With a rugged, yet lightweight aluminum housing, the ULXD2/K8 transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options for professional sound-reinforcement applications.
- The unit delivers clear, reliable 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio over its entire 330' range, great for live performances and presentations in music venues, houses of worship, and conference spaces.
- The KSM8's hardened, dent-resistant grille is lined with hydrophobic woven fabric, which rejects moisture as well as plosives.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM8 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, SM58, SM86, SM87A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Shure Proprietary Gain Ranging automatically adjusts the mic input level, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- 1/10/20mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Operates for up to 11 hours on two AA batteries.
- Optional Shure SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack offers intelligent power management with over 12 hours of battery life, precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging with the SBC200 dual-docking charger (available separately).
- The networkable SBC220 charger (available separately) allows for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.