The silver Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 16.3 megapixel, APS-C, X-Trans CMOS II sensor and an EXR Processor II to provide high quality imagery and exceptional camera performance. The combination of the sensor and processor enables a native sensitivity range from ISO 200-6400, which is further expandable to ISO 100-51200. Fujifilm's proprietary X-Trans sensor uses a unique randomized pixel array in order to avoid the use of a resolution-reducing optical low-pass filter, therefore providing images with the utmost sharpness and clarity. This imaging system is benefitted by the Intelligent Hybrid AF system, which uses both contrast- and phase-detection methods to acquire focus quickly and accurately. Enhanced manual focusing capabilities are also a result of these technologies; Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking are two methods for quickly and precisely determining focus. The EXR Processor II also delivers fast performance speeds to all aspects of the camera, ranging from quick startup and shutter lag times to a fast 7 fps continuous shooting rate.
For image monitoring, review, and menu navigation, both a 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" 1,040k-dot LCD screen are available. The body design extends this versatility through the implementation of manual, physical control dials on the top plate of the camera as well as seven different customizable buttons and a Q Menu button for expedited access to some of the most useful settings. This control scheme further enables an intuitive, built-in Wi-Fi system for direct sharing of imagery for instant sharing online.
Full HD 1080p movie recording in multiple frame rates is possible and a 2.5mm microphone input permits the use of an optional external microphone for improved audio quality with recordings. Full-time continuous focusing is supported while taking video, also, as well as the use of Film Simulation modes. Film Simulation modes make use of Fujifilm's history of producing both negative and slide films and allow you to apply those films' characteristics to your digital imagery to better suit your intended look.
16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
For photographing in low-light situations, an ISO sensitivity of up to 51200 is provided.
EXR Processor II
Multiple Autofocus Modes for Speed and Accuracy
Classic Camera Design
For live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, both a bright, clear 2,360k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" 1,040k-dot LCD monitor with reinforced glass construction are available.
Full HD Movie Recording
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Film Simulation Mode and Advanced Filters
Eight Advanced Filters are also available to creatively enhance the look of imagery, and include: High Key, Low Key, Soft Focus, Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, Dynamic Tone, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple).
Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in 14-bit RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. This process enables you to modify the exposure, white balance, and other controls directly through the menu interface. Additionally, for more thorough processing of files, RAW File Converter software is included for RAW image processing on your computer.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera. When working in this mode, subsequent exposures can be paired, film simulation effects are applicable, and the final appearance can be previewed on the LCD.
- An Auto Mode Switch allows you to instantly change to an advanced auto mode with optimized settings
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner
- Super Intelligent pop-up flash provides supplemental fill lighting when needed
- Photos can be sent to an instax SHARE Smartphone Printer using the instax SHARE app for iOS or Android
- A separately-available hand grip offers increased comfort for holding over long durations