Pairing an impressive zoom with a sleek form factor, the black Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Digital Camera is a versatile point-and-shoot built for the multimedia traveler. Featuring an 18.1MP 1/2.3" High Sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor, the camera affords a rich image quality with reduced noise and sensitivity to an expanded ISO 6400. A range of continuous shooting modes are also available to suit working with moving subjects, including a top shooting rate of 40 fps when working with an electronic shutter function. For videographers, the ZS60 is also capable of 4K UHD video recording at 30p, as well as Full HD 1080p and HD 720p formats. The 4K capabilities are carried over to benefit stills shooters, too, with 4K Photo modes that provide 30 fps shooting rates at 8MP as well as a unique Post Focus function for choosing a specific point of focus after shooting. Equally as versatile as the shooting capabilities, the ZS60 is also characterized by its immense 30x Leica DC Vario-Elmarit zoom lens, which offers a 24-720mm equivalent focal length range, along with 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S. to compensate for unwanted camera shake. Housing an impressive set of stills and video features in a compact profile, the ZS60 is a travel-minded point-and-shoot for the multimedia image-maker.
Beyond its recording abilities, the camera also features an intuitive physical design that places manual controls about the body for easier, more direct control over shooting functions. Additionally, both a 1,166k-dot Live View Finder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD are incorporated into the design, as well as built-in Wi-Fi for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
Benefitting the long reach of the lens is a powerful 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S. system that compensates for a variety of camera movements for sharper handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. This image stabilization system also enables a unique Level Shot function that automatically detects the horizontal line of the recording image and keeps it level during shooting, regardless of camera tilt, helping to achieve greater shooting stability.
Besides video, the 4K capabilities also permit recording 8MP stills at 30 fps in a trio of ways:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 15 minutes, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
The DFD technology also provides quick focusing performance when working in low-light conditions via the Starlight AF feature, which is specifically tuned to acquiring accurate focus during nighttime shooting.
- A Live View Finder (LVF) is integrated into the sleek body design to permit comfortable eye-level monitoring. This electronic viewfinder has a 1,166k-dot resolution and covers 100% of the image frame while shooting.
- Alternatively, a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting, image review, and intuitive menu navigation.
- A host of manual controls offer simple, direct control over a variety of oft-used camera settings, including a control ring surrounding the lens that can be configured to adjust zoom, shutter speed, manual focus, and ISO sensitivity.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly share photos and movies to linked smartphones and tablets for direct sharing online. A QR code system of pairing makes it simple to link mobile devices and, once paired, the device can also be used to remotely control the camera via the Panasonic Image app.
- Light Composition is a dedicated processing mode that selects and recovers information from brighter regions in the image in order to produce more dramatic, yet controlled imagery in high-contrast situations, such as when photographing fireworks or nighttime scenery.
- 4K Live Cropping is dedicated to UHD video recording and allows the recording frame to move while the camera retains a fixed position in order to provide greater stability when panning or zoom during recording.
- The Light Speed AF and DFD systems afford precise face- and eye-tracking for maintaining critical focus on moving subjects.
- Focus peaking is available for easier, more accurate manual focusing control.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides you with 320 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD or 280 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder.
- Wide Panorama lets you generate panoramic images in-camera by simply panning about the scene to record a broad field of view.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Still Image Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, and Monochrome.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom.
- Picture Adjustment settings: Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, and Saturation.