Pairing a robust physical design with refined image quality, the X-U (Typ 113) Digital Camera is Leica's entrance into the world of tough, durable camera designs. Still adhering to Leica's preference for classic and intuitive operation, this camera features a prime Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens that offers an equivalent focal length of 35mm, along with a bright f/1.7 maximum aperture for working in difficult lighting conditions. This sophisticated lens pairs with a large 16.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, which affords a broad sensitivity range to ISO 12500, along with up to 5 fps continuous shooting and Full HD 1080p video recording. Enabling use of these imaging components in less than ideal conditions, the X-U (Typ 113) distinguishes itself from other Leica compatriots by its anti-slip rubber exterior and waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof design for working in harsh and underwater environments.
- Waterproof to depths of 49' / 15m for up to 60 minutes of shooting (IP68-compliant)
- Shockproof to falls from 4' / 1.2m high (MIL-STD 810G, method 516.52-compliant)
- Dustproof to protect the internal components of the camera
- Anti-slip rubber exterior for improved grip in wet conditions
- Integrated UW protective glass filter guards the front element.
16.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
Other Camera Features
- The durable body design incorporates a large 3.0" 920k-dot LCD screen for live view shooting and bright image playback.
- Manual shutter speed and aperture control dials are accessible on the top plate of the camera for intuitive exposure adjustment.
- A built-in flash is placed above the lens on the front of the camera body to provide additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
- An 11-point autofocus system can make use of spot and face detection focusing modes for precision when photographing moving subjects.
- In-camera film modes simulate a traditional filmic aesthetic, and include Standard, Dynamic, Natural, B&W Natural, and B&W High Contrast settings.