This Singh-Ray Gold-N-Blue Polarizer Filter is designed to be used in a Cokin P Series Filter Holder. It can be used to add either a yellow or blue hue to an image by allowing light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface to be selectively filtered and tinted. The filter is particularly effective where the surfaces reflecting light into your lens and camera are mostly neutral in tone, and a higher degree of color contrast is desired.
Light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized when reflected off electrons in air molecules, as well as water, glass, various building materials, or roadways. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly, resulting in the absorption of much of this light. By combining two differently tinted polarizing filters into one filter, the combined filter can be rotated to produce varying effects at alternating angles. The reflected light can be filtered, while assuming the hue of the tint that is oriented for use.
The Singh-Ray P Series Gold-N-Blue Polarizer Filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. The frame it is mounted in features a knurled edge so that the filter can be easily rotated to adjust the applied hue, as well as the intensity of its effect on reflected light. Each full 90° rotation applied to this filter results in a proportional change to the amount of gold or blue it provides, with varying amounts of saturation in between.
- Compatible with a Cokin P Series Filter Holder
- Adds either a yellow or blue hue to an image by allowing light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface to be selectively filtered and tinted
- Particularly effective where the surfaces reflecting light into your lens and camera are mostly neutral in tone, and a higher degree of color contrast is desired
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Usable with digital cameras as well as autofocus lenses and will not disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- 4x filter factor reduces exposure by 2 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Filter frame features side knurlings so that the filter can be easily rotated while placed within a compatible holder, to adjust the applied hue, as well as the intensity of saturation
- Hue and saturation effect can be further adjusted and unwanted color casts can be removed on a digital camera system with its custom white balance setting selected, or by adjusting the resulting image's white balance or color temperature using a digital editing program
- Leatherette pouch with microfiber interior for storage and transport