For those looking for a compact camera with a DSLR feel and performance as well as an exceptionally wide zoom range, Nikon's DL series of advanced compact features the DL24-500 f/2.8-5.6 Digital Camera with an incredible 24-500mm equivalent f/2.8-5.6 lens and a 20.8MP 1" CX-format BSI CMOS sensor. This lens packs in numerous optical technologies, including aspherical, ED, and HRI glass elements to minimize aberrations and a Fluorine coating to repel dust and water. To deal with camera shake at long focal lengths, the camera is equipped with Dual Detect Optical VR and a SPORT VR mode to keep your viewfinder, stills, and video stable.
Ensuring all this technology runs smoothly, quickly, and efficiently, the DL24-500 leverages the power of the EXPEED 6A image processor to produce crisp, clean stills and enable UHD 4K video recording at 30p. Paired with the 20.8MP sensor, the camera can work with sensitivities ranging from ISO 160-12800 and can operate an advanced Hybrid AF system with 171 focus points, 105 of which are capable of phase detection. This AF system can even be used during continuous shooting at up to 20 fps, though with fixed focus users can boost the camera's speed to an incredible 60 fps.
The camera's body design is inspired by that of Nikon's legendary DSLRs, with numerous physical dials and buttons throughout as well as a 0.4" 2.36m-dot Eye-Level OLED Electronic Viewfinder. This includes a command dial, rotary multi-selector, customizable function button, and a precision zoom ring, as well as a control ring that can be set to one of numerous functions. Ensuring composition is comfortable, the DL24-500 also features a 3.0" 1037k-dot vari-angle OLED touchscreen. Additionally, it has full SnapBridge support with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC as well as Bluetooth Low Energy technology for connecting straight to a smart device. Finally, it has a 24-pin hot shoe terminal for working with Speedlights as well as the optional electronic viewfinder.
20.8MP BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6A Image Processor
NIKKOR 8.8-185mm f/2.8-5.6 ED VR Lens
UHD 4K Video Recording & Slow Motion
In addition to this exceptional resolution, the DL series can achieve high frame rates in Full HD at up to 120 fps for smooth slow motion capture. Fast options such as 240 fps and 400 fps are available at HD 720p and 800 x 296 resolutions and for the ultimate slowdown, users can drop to 400 x 144 resolution for an incredible 1200 fps video.
Advanced Hybrid AF System
- Dedicated 24-pin hot shoe terminal allows the use of Speedlights and accessories like ME-1 Stereo Microphone.
- Raw image capture provides as much information as possible for post processing.
- 55mm front filter thread.
- Built-in ND filter.
- Creative Mode with five categories of customizable effects for creating a unique look for your stills and movies.
- Six Picture Control options allow you to achieve a signature look that can't be reached through camera settings alone.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten setting for light trail images or time-lapse movies.
- Saves images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Up to 4x digital zoom is available for boosting equivalent focal length to 2000mm.