Boasting the widest-angle lens of Nikon's advanced DL series of point-and-shoots, the DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8 Digital Camera takes an 18-50mm equivalent lens and pairs it with a 20.8MP CX-format BSI CMOS sensor to deliver stunning images in nearly any situation. This NIKKOR lens features a fast f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range that can create images with shallow depth of field as well as benefit low-light imaging. Featuring a Nano Crystal Coat as well as a variety of aspherical ED and High Refractive Index elements, this lens ensures maximum resolution and clarity with minimal ghosting, flare, or aberrations. Along with this, the lens has a Fluorine coating to repel dust and water and even includes Perspective Control for accurately portraying architecture and Dual Detect VR to compensate for camera shake.
Ensuring all this technology runs smoothly, quickly, and efficiently, the DL18-50 leverages the power of the EXPEED 6A image processor to produce crisp, clean stills and enable UHD 4K video recording at 30p. Paired with the 20.8MP sensor, the camera can work with sensitivities ranging from ISO 160-12800 and can operate an advanced Hybrid AF system with 171 focus points, 105 of which are capable of phase detection. This AF system can even be used during continuous shooting at up to 20 fps, though with fixed focus users can boost the camera's speed to an incredible 60 fps.
The camera's body design is inspired by that of Nikon's legendary DSLRs, with numerous physical dials and buttons throughout. This includes a command dial, rotary multi-selector, customizable function button, and a precision zoom ring, as well as a control ring that can be set to one of numerous functions. Ensuring composition is comfortable, the DL18-50 also features a 3.0" 1037k-dot tilting OLED touchscreen. Additionally, it has full SnapBridge support with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC as well as Bluetooth Low Energy technology for connecting straight to a smart device. Finally, it has a 24-piont hot shoe terminal for working with Speedlights as well as the optional electronic viewfinder.
In addition to this exceptional resolution, the DL series can achieve high frame rates in Full HD at up to 120 fps for smooth slow motion capture. Fast options such as 240 fps and 400 fps are available at HD 720p and 800 x 296 resolutions and for the ultimate slowdown, users can drop to 400 x 144 resolution for an incredible 1200 fps video.
- Dedicated 24-pin hot shoe terminal allows the use of Speedlights and accessories like the optional electronic viewfinder.
- Raw image capture provides as much information as possible for post processing.
- 46mm front filter thread.
- Creative Mode with five categories of customizable effects for creating a unique look for your stills and movies.
- Six Picture Control options allow you to achieve a signature look that can't be reached through camera settings alone.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten setting for light trail images or time-lapse movies.
- Saves images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Up to 4x digital zoom is available for boosting equivalent focal length to 200mm.