Capture images and video at depths up to 200' beneath the surface with Ikelite's Underwater Housing for the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS60 Digital Camera, a.k.a. TZ80 outside of North America. The enclosure is configured with 2 fiber-optic ports for connecting optional, external strobes using cables from most major manufacturers.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to all camera functions except for the diopter adjustment dial. Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls.
The housing features a built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.9" diameter. Optional, accessory macro conversion lenses and a wide-angle dome, as well as color-correction filters, can be added on easily to enhance your images.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking lid snaps are easy to use and virtually unbreakable
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze
- Camera mounting plate allows for easy access to battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4"-20 mounting point for attachment to an optional tripod topside
- Constructed by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/off-white on front, sides, top, and bottom, but clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Light gray/off-white color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface, and also offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Design eliminates need for O-ring groove or channel that can trap sand, dirt, or debris, while also preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Configured with 2 fiber-optic ports for connecting strobes using optional cables from most major manufacturers, which will allow them to be triggered by camera's built-in flash
- Camera's flash cannot be used to illuminate subject itself (blocked by housing)
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water--which acts like a big blue/green filter
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to all camera functions except for diopter adjustment dial
- Controls are large enough to be operated easily while wearing thick gloves
- Controls located in similar configuration to camera's layout, in order to replicate muscle memory and familiarity you've developed with camera
- Control symbols laser-engraved into back of housing won't peel off or fade with time
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded holes on housing bottom enable mounting on optional tray with handles, which provides additional balance/stability and attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.9" diameter
- Provides full access to camera's zoom range
- Optional, external, 67mm threaded macro accessory lenses from Epoque, INON, Nauticam, and others can be attached to port using optional press-fit Macro Adapter
- Adapter cannot be used with 67mm threaded wide-angle lenses
- Wide-angle conversion lenses will result in vignetting with this camera/housing, so optional Ikelite WD-4 Wide Angle Dome is recommended as alternative. Restores camera's true angle of coverage and clarity underwater while providing edge-to-edge sharpness and no vignetting
- Optional color-correction filters for tropical blue and green water are available to restore hues that get absorbed underwater
- Since color filters reduce amount of light that enters lens, they are most effective in sunny conditions at depths of about 80' or less
- Color filters not recommended for use in conjunction with external flash, as combination will throw off color accuracy in images