By B&H Photo's
Versatile and Stabilized Telephoto Zoom
Spanning a useful range of telephoto focal lengths, the FE 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G OSS, from Sony, is a versatile zoom mixing long reach with apt optics, impressive image stabilization, and quick autofocus performance. It's a well-rounded choice for photographing sports and distant subjects, and portable enough for everyday, walk-around shooting and event photography.
G Lens Series
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Four aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Image Stabilization, AF, and Handling
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Focus range limiter button offers faster performance when photographing moving subjects.
- Customizable focus hold button for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Minimum focusing distance of 3' yields an impressive maximum magnification of 0.31x, making this lens suitable for both close-up and distant subjects.