Powering 240W into 70V, 4 Ohms, or 8 Ohms systems, the PBM240A from Speco Technologies is a public address amplifier and mixer designed for any situation in which music-on-hold (MOH) is a must. This amplifier features a tuner module that plays AM and FM signals, both of which can be connected to antennas on the rear panel. For inputs, the PBM240AU sports three pairs of RCA auxiliary channels, three balanced microphones, one RS-232 (for console control) and a terminal TEL input. In addition to its five 70V zones for commercial speakers and its 4/8 Ohm outputs, the PBM240AT also gives you the option to route outgoing signal via RCA or XLR connections.
Turn your attention to the front panel and you'll notice a panoply of controls. Note, for instance, the six zone selection buttons; with these, you can turn specific speaker runs on or off. The front panel is adorned with level controls over each input, as well as a master volume output, and an input selector for the auxiliary channel. Use this feature to choose between a sound-source plugged into the device or the included tuner module.
Additionally, the PBM240AT provides connection possibilities for telephone paging and music-on-hold applications, including a priority paging switch which mutes all other channels when signal is passing through the microphone 1 input. This unit includes an IR remote control and a set of rack-mounting hardware.
- Pre-installed tuner module
- Includes IR remote and rack-mounting kit
- 5 zoned 70V speaker outputs
- Non-zoned 4/8 Ohms output
- Master digital volume control with display
- Individual volume control for each input
- Front bass and treble controls
- Phantom power for all mic inputs
- Mic 1 selectable priority paging
- Digital front panel lock
- RCA or XLR line output
- Telephone paging input and Music-on-hold output
- RS232 input for integration with popular control systems