The Shure QLXD2/SM86 is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with QLX-D and ULX-D receivers. It comes equipped with an SM86 cardioid condenser capsule that features a frequency response tailored for clear vocal reproduction. The cardioid polar pattern helps to isolate the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
The QLXD2/SM86 operates on a 26 MHz UHF tuning range with 1040 selectable frequencies available. It provides up to 9 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with a transmission range up to 330' and a selectable 1/10mW RF power output.
With a rugged, yet lightweight aluminum housing, the QLXD2/SM86 transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, as well as AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission and advanced rechargeability options. It is well suited for sound reinforcement applications in medium-sized venues and houses of worship as well as A/V installations in conference, educational, and corporate facilities.
Clear, Accurate Audio with Interchangeable Capsule
- The unit delivers clear, reliable 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio.
- The SM86 capsule features a two-stage “pop” filter that reduces wind and breath noise.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the SM86 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including SM58, KSM8, SM87A, Beta 58A, Beta 87C, KSM9 capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates mic levels ranging from booming voices to quiet speech.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, and RF output.
- 1/10mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Operates for up to 9 hours on two AA batteries.
- Optional Shure SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack offers intelligent power management with over 10 hours of battery life, precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging with the SBC200 dual-docking charger (available separately).
- The networkable SBC220 charger (available separately) allows for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.