The Lectrosonics L Series ZS-LRHMa camera-mount wireless plug-on microphone system offers filmmakers, journalists, and videographers a set of advanced features designed to deliver flexibility and broadcast-quality sound for professional ENG and video productions. The system employs a wide tuning bandwidth of 75 MHz, along with Digital Hybrid technology for pristine, compander-free audio and reliable performance, even in the most challenging, interference-prone shooting locations—including busy urban areas, trade show floors, and similar environments.
Portable and lightweight for on-camera use with DSLR, 4/3, small 4K, and other compact HD cameras, the ZS-LRHMa includes the compact LR receiver and the HMa plug-on transmitter. The plug-on is ready to attach to a handheld or shotgun mic for man-on-the-street interviews or for wireless booming. It can also supply 5, 15, or 48V phantom power for lavalier and condenser microphones (mics are available separately). All the necessary cables and accessories are also provided to get you up and running immediately for an inclusive, cost-effective solution that provides a smart entry point into Lectrosonics' proven wireless reliability.
The system is made in the USA and features rugged aluminum housings, user-friendly operation, and compatibility modes for use with older Lectrosonics analog and IFB systems, as well as select third-party systems. It is also compatible with all Digital Hybrid wireless systems.
Advanced L Series Wireless Technology for Reliable Performance
- Wide Tuning Bandwidth: The system features a wide 75 MHz bandwidth covering three Lectrosonics 25 MHz frequency blocks and providing up to 3072 total frequencies—selectable in 25 or 100 kHz tuning steps on the receiver. The wide bandwidth allows you to simultaneously operate up to 30 wireless mics on a set, while giving you added frequency flexibility in an increasingly crowded and shrinking RF spectrum.
- Digital Hybrid Wireless Technology: The L Series combines the best aspects of digital and analog systems without using a compander, eliminating the artifacts (known as "pumping" and "breathing") created by the analog compander found in traditional wireless systems. The system encodes the audio at 24-bit/88.2 kHz and sends the information via an analog UHF wireless link. The result is pristine and nuanced digital audio along with the increased range, battery life, and reliability of analog UHF systems.
- SmartDiversity: Microprocessor-controlled antenna phase combining is used for diversity reception. The firmware analyzes incoming RF signals at each of the receiver's two antennas and selects the cleanest one, improving range and resistance to dropouts.
- Tracking Front-End RF Filters: The LR receiver employs tracking front-end filters to block interference from high-powered RF signals on nearby channels, preserving the operating range.
- SmartSquelch: This DSP-based algorithm optimizes the receiver's performance for noiseless muting in very weak signal conditions.
- DSP-Based Pilot Tone: The system uses a DSP-generated ultrasonic pilot tone at specific frequencies to reliably mute the audio when no RF carrier is present.
HMa Plug-On Transmitter Works with Any Microphone
- The HMa attaches to any dynamic or condenser microphone equipped with an XLR connector. It is equipped with a spring-loaded connector ensuring your mic doesn’t detach at a critical moment.
- Phantom power is selectable at 5, 15 and 48V, accommodating a variety of condenser mics—including lavaliers. Power can be turned off when using dynamic microphones or line-level signal sources.
- The transmitter features a 50 or 100mW selectable RF output option for an extended range up to 350'. The 100mW setting boosts the RF output, providing 15 to 20% additional range in crowded environments at the expense of only 15 to 20% of the battery life.
- The adjustable low-frequency roll-off filter can be set for a 3 dB down point at 35/50/70/100/120/150 Hz to control subsonic and very-low-frequency audio content in the audio.
- The HMa responds to remote commands from either the dedicated Lectrosonics RM remote unit or the LectroRM app for iOS/Android tablets and smartphones (both available separately).
- The DSP-controlled, dual-envelope input limiter handles signal peaks over 30 dB above full modulation, allowing the HMa to pick up loud signal peaks without distortion—even when your acting talent goes from a whisper to a shout.
- Membrane switches and an LCD interface on the side panel provide full access to all operational parameters and advanced features.
- An LED indicator on the top panel and a bar graph indicator on the LCD display allow precise gain adjustments for maximum signal-to-noise ratio and minimum distortion.
- The rugged housing is machined from a solid and lightweight aluminum block. A non-corrosive finish resists salt water exposure and perspiration in extreme environments.
Versatile LR Camera-Mount Receiver with Advanced Controls
- The backlit, adjustable, daylight-readable LCD display shows important details at a glance, providing instant, clear information for set up and status.
- The SmartTune function automatically scans the RF spectrum for you, making it easy to quickly find clean frequencies on location.
- The IR sync function easily syncs the receiver with the transmitter, transferring frequency and compatibility-mode information.
- The receiver is equipped with a SmartNR noise-reduction algorithm, which removes hiss without sacrificing the audio frequency response.
- The two detachable antennas can be substituted with swiveling or remote antennas (both available separately). The LR is housed in a rugged, machined-aluminum chassis featuring an ultra-hard, ebENi conductive finish.
- The LR’s TA3 audio output jack provides user-selectable balanced or unbalanced audio, variable in 1 dB steps from mic to line level.
- Output cables include a TA3 to XLR-M cable for XLR-equipped cameras or recording devices, and a TA3 to 3.5mm TRS cable for DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
- The included shoe adapter makes it easy to mount the LR onto a camera, with all controls readily accessible.
- Transmitter and receiver are powered with two AA batteries
- Receiver can also be powered via an optional LTBATELIM battery eliminator that replaces the hinged battery door
- 5 hours of battery life without phantom and 3.5 hours with 48V phantom
- USB port on each unit allows for easy firmware updates
- Adding an LT or LMb bodypack transmitter with a lavalier mic to this system provides a discreet solution for hands-free interview and talent miking