The Sony FS7 Unified Accessory Kit (Base) from Wooden Camera is a professional camera support kit designed for the Sony PXW-FS7 Camera and utilizes the Unified Baseplate System. The kit includes top plate, unified baseplate, two 15mm rods (12”), and top handle (cheese). The top plate is a top mounting camera cheese plate for accessory attachment. The unified baseplate is a quick-release camera baseplate for holding the two included 12” long 15mm rods at the correct lens height. The top cheese handle is a bolt-on top handle that attaches to the top plate and has multiple mounting points for accessories.
Wooden Camera Top Plate for Sony PXW-FS7 Camera
Mount accessories to the top of your Sony FS7 camcorder with this Top Plate from Wooden Camera. The 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tapped holes can be used for mounting articulating arms and other accessories. The front of the plate is threaded to secure the separately available Wooden Camera E-mount to PL-mount adapter. If you do not wish to use the FS7's top handle, an extra plate with more threaded holes fills in the space for increased accessory mounting possibilities. The side of the plate features a measuring tape hook that aligns with the FS7's sensor.
Wooden Camera Unified Baseplate for FS7, C100 Mk II, C300 Mk II, C100/C300/C500
The Wooden Camera Unified Baseplate supports 15mm LWS rods at the correct lens height, and offers a vertical 15mm rod port for incorporating the optional Unified Lens Adapter Kit. This Kit allows you to support different lens adapters from Wooden Camera, Metabones, and other brands.
The Baseplate includes the Core Unit, a Lower Quick Dovetail tripod plate on the bottom, and a Dovetail Camera Plate for the Sony FS7 and Canon C100 Mk II, C300 Mk II, and C100/C300/C500. Other Unified Baseplate Dovetail Plates are also supported, allowing for quick swaps with a variety of cameras.
The Baseplate provides two quick release options. You can remove the Dovetail Camera Plate only and leave the Core Unit with your rod pair behind, or you can remove the Core Unit from the Lower Quick Dovetail, in which case you'll have a dovetail on the bottom of the Core Unit that's compatible with any 2060 Dovetail, Safety Dovetail, or Shoulder Rig.
The Dovetail Camera Plate features a long slot along its center that lets you secure it to the camera with multiple screws (included), which can be set up to 2.8" (70mm) apart. It also has a non-slip rubber surface that will prevent the camera from twisting.
The Dovetail Camera Plate has an ARCA Swiss standard dovetail compatible with many third-party products. It also has threaded 1/4"-20 threaded holes on the bottom for attaching to gimbals or other compatible tripod plates. The Lower Quick Dovetail has 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes for attaching to tripod plates or ARRI standard bridgeplates, such as the Wooden Camera Unified Bridgeplates.
The Unified Baseplate can also be upgraded for VCT-14 compatible mounting options. Simply attach it to the optional Unified VCT Wedge Plate, which can then be mounted on the Unified VCT-14 Tripod Plate, also sold separately. The Unified Baseplate is backward compatible with Wooden Camera's original Quick Dovetails (Standard, DSLR, and Large).
- Supports 15mm LWS rods at the correct lens height
- Offers a vertical 15mm rod port for incorporating the optional Unified Lens Adapter Kit (for lens adapter support)
- Includes the Core Unit, Lower Quick Dovetail tripod plate, and Dovetail Camera Plate
- Two quick release options—remove Core Unit or remove Dovetail Camera Plate
- Core Unit features a dovetail on the bottom, compatible with any 2060 Dovetail, Safety Dovetail, or Shoulder Rig
- Dovetail Camera Plate features an ARCA Swiss standard dovetail and threaded holes for attaching to gimbals or other compatible tripods plates
- Lower Quick Dovetail offers threaded holes for attaching to tripod plates or ARRI standard bridgeplates
- Long slot along the center allows multiple screws to be attached to the camera, set up to 2.8" (70mm) apart
- Anti-twist, non-slip rubber surface
- Upgradable for VCT-14 compatible mounting options
- Additional Lower Quick Dovetail and Dovetail Camera Plates can be purchased for quick swap capability
- Backward compatible with original Wooden Camera Quick Dovetail
Wooden Camera 15mm Support Rod (12")
This is a single, 12" long 15mm Support Rod from Wooden Camera for mounting accessories. It is chamfered at each end to ease sliding accessories on and off, and has a hollow interior providing for maximum strength.
Wooden Camera WC-153900 Top Handle (Cheese)
The Wooden Camera WC-153900 Top Handle (Cheese) is used for securely carrying and stabilizing the camera during hand-held shooting. It bolts on to two 1/4-20 holes spaced 1.4" (36mm) apart center. The cheese grip handle bar features an array of 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 holes in standard spacing for accessory mounting.