Enjoy the trend towards mobility in the video world? Like being able to carry all your equipment in one bag? Well, here's a major addition to portability, the Foldable Crane Slider from Axler. But, its portability is just one of its features.
You can achieve smooth and steady linear slides, as well as parabolic slides--where the camera pans along with the slide while keeping the subject in frame. And, all this is done by moving a comfortable knob handle to one side or the other. The Foldable Crane Slider is designed for medium-sized DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, and supports a max payload of 4.5 lb.
The slider attaches to your tripod facing forward, slides from the middle to either side a distance of 14", and extends out to 28" from end to end. Using an included ball head, mount your camera on the "Linear" mounting point on the very front of the slider, and move it back to the "Parabolic" position for panning slides. Both positions offer a 1/4"-20 mounting screw. The ball head is compact and made of aluminum, but you can use any other matching ball head if you'd like.
When you're done and ready to pack the slider away, just set the lock into position, and the slider will stay folded in your bag.
The Foldable Crane Slider is made of aluminum and has ABS plastic side panels. It features a 3/8"-16 tripod mount thread on the bottom and works well with standard tripods and hi-hats.
- Slides 14" from the middle out to either side
- Slides 28" from end to end
- Achieve smooth linear slides
- Achieve parabolic (panning) slides with the subject in frame
- Round knob handle for controlling movement
- Supports medium-sized DSLRs and mirrorless cameras up to 4.5 lb
- Pull-and-twist lock keeps the slider folded securely during transport
- Includes compact, all-aluminum ball head
- 1/4"-20 threaded camera mount screws
- 3/8"-16 threaded tripod mount on the bottom