The black C3 1RU 19” Rack-Mountable Card Cage Unit from ComNet is capable of mounting up to three ComNet ComFit 1” wide modules. It is suitable for those applications where rack space is limited. The C3 is used in desktop installations by the addition of user-installed rubber feet on the bottom of the cage and removal of the two rack-mount adapter brackets. It is provided with one external 120 to 240 VAC power supply with a 12 VDC at 2A output, and includes reverse polarity protection. Two separate isolated DC inputs are provided for mission critical/high reliability applications where power supply redundancy is required.
ComNet ComFit PoE (Power over Ethernet) modules can also be used, by replacing the power supply with a +48 VDC unit, and connecting the supply output to the DC power input of each PoE module. Cooling is by natural air convection, eliminating the need for unreliable and noisy cooling fans, or periodic air filter maintenance. It is designed for long-term reliable operation in harsh industrial environments, and may be deployed in most out-of-plant installations, such as those found in intelligent transportation systems and factory automation/control applications. Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation, and any module may be hot-swapped without any impact to the operation of the other modules within the card cage.
- Video monitoring and surveillance -Surveillance of petrochemical, refinery, and other major critical-asset infrastructure installations
- Ethernet, serial data, audio, and contact closure transmission networks
- Traffic Operations Center (TOC)/head-end rack & desktop mounted transmission equipment
- Intersection/roadway, toll barrier, and bridge and tunnel monitoring and surveillance systems
- Railroad and Light Rail Transportation (LRT) systems