The 8-Channel Video Transmitter + 4-Channel Bi-Directional Data Transceiver from ComNet transmits eight channels of 10-bit digital video along with four channels of bi-directional data over one single-mode fiber. The video quality exceeds RS-250C for medium-haul video transmission. This equipment is environmentally hardened and suitable for use in unconditioned roadside or out-of-plant installations. The transceiver is compatible with NTSC, PAL, and SECAM video transmission protocols and supports bi-directional RS232, 422, and RS485 (2 & 4 Wire) data.
Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation and no electrical or optical adjustments are required. Bi-color LED indicators are provided to indicate the status of the system, video, and data. Packaged in the ComNet ComFit housing, this unit can be either wall/rack-mounted. It does not require any additional parts or power supplies.
- Transmits 8 channels of 10-bit real-time digital color video and 4 channels of bi-directional data on a single optical fiber
- Supports RS232, RS422, and 2 or 4-wire RS485
- Meets all requirements for EIA RS-250C medium-haul transmission
- Compatible with all NTSC, PAL, or SECAM CCTV camera systems
- Tested and certified by an independent laboratory for full compliance with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions and transient voltage protection) of NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and the Caltrans Specification for Traffic Signal Control Equipment
- Voltage transient protection on all power and signal input/output lines provides unconditional protection from power surges and other voltage transient events
- Robust design ensures high reliability in unconditioned out-of-plant environments
- Bi-color (red/green) LED status indicators provide rapid indication of critical operating parameters
- Hot-swappable rack modules
- Can be installed as both standalone or rack mount