The Anti-Streaming RS-232/422 Multimode Line Terminating Transceiver from ComNet can be used as a terminator at the receiving end. It is designed for implementing full-duplex RS232 drop-and-repeat poll-and-respond traffic signalization/communications data networks utilizing two optical fibers. This environmentally-hardened unit is suitable for use in unconditioned out-of-plant or roadside installations. The master-configured transceiver unit may be located anywhere within the network. This makes it suitable for applications involving on-street master controllers with upstream and downstream communication requirements.
The Anti-Streaming RS-232/422 Drop-and-Repeat Data transceiver is compatible with the FDX50, FDX51 and FDX52 Series of optical modems (not included). Manually re-settable anti-streaming is included for unparalleled network protection. Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation as no electrical or optical adjustments are required.
- Meets EIA RS232C/D specification
- NTCIP compatible
- Tested and certified for NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and the Caltrans Specification for Traffic Signal Control Equipment
- Robust design
- User-selectable DTE or DCE interface ensures ease of installation and maximum versatility
- Supports Request to Send (RTS) and Clear to Send (CTS) signals
- RJ-11 expansion port provides network branching capability by electrically linking co-located transceiver units
- Voltage transient protection on all power and signal input/output lines provide protection from power surges and other voltage transient events
- Wide optical dynamic range
- User-configurable optical and electrical Anti-Streaming provides network protection against faulty streaming controller operation
- Indicating LEDs display equipment operating status
- Hot-swappable rack modules
- Interchangeable between stand-alone or rack mount use
- Can be DIN-rail mounted by the addition of ComNet model DINBKT1 or DINBKT4 adapter plate