This electronic download of Cantus: Gregorian Chants from Best Service is a virtual instrument powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt engine and can run on the included Kontakt Player. The software offers realistic liturgical melodies all sung by choir and implemented without the use of specific phrases, so that you may more faithfully build your own unique instances of plainchant. Particularly useful for composers and sound designers, Cantus recreates the sounds of Medieval times, providing timbres often well-suited to film, video games, demoing for choral works, and appropriate genres of music (new-age, for instance).
Cantus offers an innovative and powerful word builder which combines 120 elements including 24 words and their syllables with 5 true legato vowels and a special "Mmmmh" articulation.
- 5 different true Gregorian style legatos (a, e, i, o, u)
- Mmmh articulation
- A powerful word builder with 24 words, 3 different articulations (staccato, fast and slow speeds)
- Words can be split to offer a total of 120 words/syllables
- Words can be combined with true legato playing while the corresponding vowel is automatically selected
- A collection of 20 Gregorian chants split into 400 phrases
- 60 minutes of music
- 19 soundscapes, created from vocal samples
- 6,000 samples (stereo, 24-bit/44.1 kHz)
- Library size of 2.8 GB
- NI Kontakt Player included (version 5.5 or higher)