Klanghaus 2 from Best Service takes its cues from the strange, the unique, and the confluence of art—in particular sculpture and acoustics. Invented and constructed by Ferdinand Foersch, the collection includes surprising sounds, often dissonant but always musical. One of his methodologies involves collecting and connecting materials according to their potential to resonate together.
So far, he has developed over a hundred musical instruments (metal drums, string instruments and combinations, sound images, drum and sound walls and sound machines), building them from a wide range of materials, including scrap.
Featuring 900 grooves, loops, and swells, all the rhythmical sequences in Klanghaus 2 are MIDI based and adjust seamlessly to the sequencer clock. Additionally, the MIDI input for the rhythmical sequences is quantized to "the next beat" for additional timing accuracy. Whenever possible, instruments are grouped together to allow for "key-switching" between different playing techniques.
- Intuitive GUI
- Volume, pan, ADSR-curve controls
- On-board effects such as reverb, delay, phaser, bit-crush, and more
- Eight arpeggiators and step-sequencers
- Fourteen step-modulators per track
- Custom-designed modulator presets
- Instruments sampled from instruments invented by Ferdinand Foersch
- Includes latest version of Best Service Engine 2